Harry Bosch

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, saltydawg said:

I wanna have beer with his lesbian boss

She's long gone.... always a lesbian somewhere in the story though

18 minutes ago, jimmy1956 said:

Decent books.

Just finished what I assume is the latest instalment "the wrong side of goodbye" very enjoyable read

I have trouble with these kinds of book series because I forget which ones I've read.  Then I will get 50 pages and realize that I know the ending.

32 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I have trouble with these kinds of book series because I forget which ones I've read.  Then I will get 50 pages and realize that I know the ending.

I know.... I'm looking at downloading "The Crossing" but I'm afraid I've already read it ...and I'll have burned one of my allotted downloads for the week 

19 hours ago, Slacker said:

When I find a character I like such as Harry Bosch, I just put in a Google search " Characters like Harry Bosch". You will get a list. Then I will separately search "Authors like Michael Connelly". I cross reference the two lists and find new books that fit my tastes.  I have seldom been disappointed with the new books/characters/authors, and it has broadened my pool of books to read - helping eliminate duplicate reads.

On 8/6/2017 at 1:28 PM, jimmy1956 said:

Decent books.

Meh. Connolly is a good guy, but his books are eminently forgettable. I grok the fact that Connolly started writing crime fiction because of Raymond Chandler -- Chandler is the best -- but his stuff just ain't good enough. 

5 minutes ago, Belmo said:

Meh. Connolly is a good guy, but his books are eminently forgettable. I grok the fact that Connolly started writing crime fiction because of Raymond Chandler -- Chandler is the best -- but his stuff just ain't good enough. 

I'm wearing my shocked face.... 

9 minutes ago, Belmo said:

The Harry Bosch novels are like your posts: you try too hard, and that is partly why they suck. :th:

I don't really "try" at all... to be honest 

And you won the ironic post of the day award here...

And new Harry is better than old Harry... I guess that makes new Connoly writing better than old as well 

Edited by RiverRaider