2mcfisher48

This scares me.......

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Looks like a gas line exploded, definitely not what lightning does when it just hits water.

And why is it coming in parallel to the ground?

Ive seen lightning hit water... it didn't explode. I think it was some sort of demo charge to clear something away. It runs perfectly parallel on the ground along that ditch. 

Edited by Cfinnely68

Couple of months ago I was fishing. There were rain storms in the area but one of those days when it was fine in-between the storms. So I'm reeling and I can feel a wobble in my reel. I'm thinking it's odd and then I realize it's energy. Then my hands started gettinprickly. Figured out what was going on and grabbed my other rod and headed towards my vehicle. As I'm running the rods or damn near sparking in my hands  like a bunch of the hardest static electricity shocks you've ever had    - I actually threw the rods on the ground at one point. needless to say I made it to my vehicle but I was pretty freaked out for a few days... still not confident when storms are around like I was before this happened  

Had that exact same thing happen to me years ago when I had my bass boat.

I was smallie fishing the big lake in NH, static ran right down the rod into my hand.

Dropped the rod on the deck and hauled ass as fast as I could back to the ramp.

Wicked boomers hitting I was loading onto the trailer.