redfishkiller

Contacts

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I have both contacts and glasses. I wear the glasses most of the time so I can see far away, and take them off to see up close.

With the contacts, I have to wear reading glasses to see up close. I wear the contacts when I am playing in the water, and may lose the glasses.

Once I got over 45 or so, I had to wear glasses either way.

Long term concact use has led to eye irritations in the past for me, so I limit their usage.

Edited by dena

1 minute ago, dena said:

I have both contacts and glasses. I wear the glasses most of the time so I can see far away, and take them off to see up close.

With the contacts, I have to wear reading glasses to see up close. I wear the contacts when I am playing in the water, and may lose the glasses.

Once I got over 45 or so, I had to wear glasses either way.

Long term concact use has led to eye irritations in the past for me, so I limit their usage.

I was leaning towards lazy easy extended wear, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun

1 minute ago, redfishkiller said:

I was leaning towards lazy easy extended wear, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun

I just tried them. Took me 40 minutes to get one in and another 10 minutes to get it out. Screw that. I'm gonna get the Lasik surgery .

I wore them years ago, dayly *sp wear, I rode my Harley all the time , they would dry out, and had a bad habit of getting trashed and passing out in them , I was wondering if the extended wear ones were better

9 minutes ago, redfishkiller said:

That is what I had, and would not change them when I was supposed to.

My fault, and maybe they will work for you if you take proper care.

I didn't and paid the price, being dumb, you gotta be tough, and all of that.

I am pretty tough.

1 minute ago, redfishkiller said:

I wore them years ago, dayly *sp wear, I rode my Harley all the time , they would dry out, and had a bad habit of getting trashed and passing out in them , I was wondering if the extended wear ones were better

Bingo.

Sleeping in them gave me dry eyes, and led to problems.

YMMV.

Go to the general store and price reading glasses. You'll need them with the contacts.

33 minutes ago, dena said:

That is what I had, and would not change them when I was supposed to.

My fault, and maybe they will work for you if you take proper care.

I didn't and paid the price, being dumb, you gotta be tough, and all of that.

I am pretty tough.

I missed a free guided pheasant hunt on a fancy hunting preserve one time  because I slept in my damn contacts one time :banghd:,

And there's not a lot of pheasant hunting around here :dismay: 

Have to try different contacts too, I finally found a kind that you can wear for extended periods of time that don't dry out. Only time I wear my glasses anymore is in the spring when allergies flare up. I know a lot of people that had Lasik done and love it, but I still don't trust it lol

One of my eyes is shaped wierd or Something, the doc finally found a contact that would stay in and the DumbaSS nurse orders the wrong ones, then the rite ones in the wrong persription, I got pissed went somewhere else and got glasses lol that was 20 years ago