Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
old_username

Eastern Shore Fishermen?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I live on the Eastern Shore of MD, frequent Assateague Island. I'm new to surf fishing but love it! Anyone have any pointers they are willing to give up in regards to bait to use. Any one fish Assateague much?

Hi Rookie,

Yes, there is a small southern contigent of surf rats that fish the beaches and jetties here on the shore on a semi-daily basis. Here is a small list of those who post here so when you see their names you know we have your back;

D Powell

Gil

Rumblefish

Plug

Jim-de

Surfisherman

Bill Klein

DougP

Steve Coleman

Critter Gitter

just to name a few...

The board is friendly and knowledgeable even though it is Jersey-centric. They get a little cranky because they don't have Krispy Kreme shops in NJ. smile.gif

I fish Assateague nearly every evening, what do you want to know? Baits? Chunk Spot, Bloodworms, Heads of any kind on circle hooks and whole or chunk mullet and 'Peelers'.

Dave

Hey Rookie, Surfisherman here. All the info you will ever need, you will find here, except where DPowell hide the last batch of Krispy Kremes biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I mainly fish the De. beaches, because I live closer to them. I hit Assateague a few times of the year. Ask anything, and we shall tell, even where are secret fishin holes are....well at least within a couple hundred yards of um......kidding of course.

Welcome Aboard,

AllenC

Welcome to the finest resource for surf fishing info around, Rookie. A few months of checking in here and following up on the information and you'll be looking for a new handle wink.gif I mostly haunt the Delaware side of the Mason-Dixon, but Dave Powell has - and will continue to - lure me down to Assateague from time to time.