FishinKid007

Trump Calls New Hampshire a ‘Drug-Infested Den'

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

President Donald Trump’s trashing of New Hampshire as a "drug-infested den" in a telephone conversation with the president of Mexico did not go over well in the Granite State.

Outraged by the jab, Sen. Maggie Hassan, D-N.H., took to Trump’s favorite social media platform Thursday and called his remark “disgusting.”

Sen. Maggie Hassan 

SenatorHassan
realDonaldTrump's comments about New Hampshire are disgusting. As he knows, NH and states across America have a substance misuse crisis 1/

"Instead of insulting people in the throes of addiction, @POTUS needs to work across party lines to actually stem the tide of this crisis," Hassan tweeted.
New Hampshire's other Democratic senator, Jeanne Shaheen, called Trump's reported remarks "absolutely unacceptable" and said he owes her state "an apology."

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen 

SenatorShaheen
It’s absolutely unacceptable for the President to be talking about NH in this way – a gross misrepresentation of NH & the epidemic 2/2

The state's Republican governor, Chris Sununu, slammed Trump as well.
"The President is wrong," the governor said in a statement. "It's disappointing his mischaracterization of this epidemic ignores the great things this state has to offer."

Edited by TimS
Right click, paste as plain text - twitter links not allowed here

The President's Mexico conversation transcript was probably released by Mexico, or so I'm guessing, in a bit of pique after the President claimed a conversation or two that didn't happen.  In the conversation that did happen, Trump conceded that he knew that Mexico wasn't paying for the wall; he just wanted Pena Nieto to stop saying so in public.

I wonder if his base will notice that concession?

Edited by BrianBM
clarity

12 minutes ago, FishinKid007 said:

They spend more time by far how to attack the Real Media by tagging it Fake, even though to date everything that has been published has been proven True.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: 

tbf he's not wrong. its pretty run down in my experience. good fishing in parts though.

like much of rural America to be honest, there's no prospects for many kids unless they are prepared to work the land and waters hard, move away to a blue state, or join the Military.

NH does have an opiate problem, farking crazy how much fentanyl is around the NE as well.  America has a massive amount of opiate based using drug addicts.  

The Wall, inspecting all trucks, et al. is necessary because of drugs and illegals IMO.  

11 hours ago, FishinKid007 said:

They spend more time by far how to attack the Real Media by tagging it Fake, even though to date everything that has been published has been proven True.

Hey man.  Great post, I mean it.  With your blessing, I would like to take this profound statement and use it as a basis for discussion and conversation.

Ok see ya*

4 minutes ago, Stonesipher said:

Makes no sense here, but hey enjoy.

The "drug infested den" quote was from a LEAKED phone call transcript.

Do I have to explain everything ?   :banghd:  

7 hours ago, Riverboat33 said:

The "drug infested den" quote was from a LEAKED phone call transcript.

Do I have to explain everything ?   :banghd:  

Hmmm... another LEAK were no one actually hear him say that, well except for the transcript! It's got to be true... NH's three stooges say it is!