Johnny

WTS: Henckles and Wüsthof

8 posts in this topic

For sale: JA Henckles Professional 'S' :

- 7" Santoku 

- 5.5" boning 

- 6 inch Chef/utility

Wüsthof Classic 9" Slicer

Various ages, no edge damage, normal use until last 3 years, then none really. I realized I don't cook as much and therefore don't use them.  Replacement cost put all 4 over $400.  These are for sale for $150

IMG_0370.JPG

Will certainly consider Dave. Thanks

Highlander1, I see what you mean. I think it's the pic. Here's a shot of it. I see a more subtle one, but it's not as abrupt at the tip, as the pic might seem like. Maybe the light?

IMG_0371.JPG

Hello Johnny,

I'm considering buying all of them: I love to cook & know i need some good knives. Currently I try to muddle by w/ a few poor cheap ones which is anywhere between less than idea & miserable depending. 

Will you give me the basic general  use / purpose for each?

Are these the most used essential knives for most cooking or are there a couple more I'd need to round out the set? 

Do they come w/ any type of holder or case?

Sorry for the questions and thanks in advance.

JD

Thanks JD. I'd say it depends on the type of cooking you do. Off the top of my head I'd say a large Chef knife and a good paring knife would round out the above group for speed, efficiency, volume etc... 

the small chefs knife for me was when I didn't want to wield the big mama, the boning was good for breaking down larger cuts of meat. Santoku for slower more deliberate cutting, and the slicer for turkeys, roasts etc...

Everyone is different in the kitchen. It's about comfort, and design also.

There is no casein them, but I'll wrap them good for shipping. Thanks again, let me know - John