FishinKid007

Trump's phone call transcripts Leaked

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

"......Revelations include Trump describing his proposed border wall to Mexico’s president as “the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important.” He implores Pena Nieto to stop saying publicly that Mexico won’t pay for its construction, arguing they could work out a deal so that the cost would “come out in the wash.”

In his call with Turnbull, the president vents about the Australian prime minister’s insistence that Trump honor a deal struck by former President Barack Obama’s administration to allow 1,250 refugees housed by Australia into the U.S.

“This is going to kill me,” Trump told Turnbull, calling the deal “stupid” and saying it “will make me look terrible.” The president goes on to describe the phone call -- which capped a marathon day in which he also spoke to the leaders of Russia, Germany, Japan, and France -- as his worst call of the bunch.

‘This Is Ridiculous’

"I have had it,” Trump tells Turnbull, “I have been making these calls all day and this is the most unpleasant call all day. [Russian President Vladimir] Putin was a pleasant call. This is ridiculous.”

The White House declined to comment when asked about the transcripts. But the release of the documents, compiled by White House staff and circulated within national security departments and agencies, demonstrates that the administration is still struggling to tamp down on leaks that appear intended to damage his presidency. Administration officials have previously expressed frustration with the revelations, saying they impair the ability of the president to candidly speak with world leaders.

The conversations are peppered with the president’s signature braggadocio and flair for the politically incorrect.

‘Drug-Infested Den’

He tells the Mexican president that he “won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den.” Democrat Hillary Clinton won New Hampshire’s electoral votes in the general election, though Trump did win the Republican primary there. The comment has drawn criticism from Democratic lawmakers in the state, with Senator Maggie Hassan calling the characterization “disgusting” and Senator Jeanne Shaheen saying Trump owed New Hampshire an apology.

Trump also claims to have earned the votes of a “large percentage of Hispanic voters,” brags about the size of his campaign crowds, and offers to help “big league” with Mexico’s “pretty tough hombres” responsible for the drug trade.

=====================================================

How low can he go?

He only cares about the public image.

The only things that seem to matter are what and how they say things to appease the base.

When is this administration going to start to govern?

He directed a foreign leader not to talk to the press that Mexico won't pay for the wall!!

So how can this president be trusted?

He lied (AGAIN) if you recall by blaming the FAKE NEWS MEDIA!

The only FAKE seems to be what is coming out of this administration's mouth.

"Putin was a pleasant call?"

:dismay:

I have faith in the W.P. that whatever they put out is 100% accurate.

So far, they are at 100%.

The WH on the other hand seem to be in the low 20's, as far as truth in their announcements/spin. 

26 minutes ago, FishinKid007 said:

That's funny.  And wrong.  Here is a recent example... go to Forbes to read the whole article.

"On Friday the Washington Post sparked a wave of fear when it ran the breathless headline “Russian hackers penetrated U.S. electricity grid through a utility in Vermont, U.S. officials say.” The lead sentence offered “A code associated with the Russian hacking operation dubbed Grizzly Steppe by the Obama administration has been detected within the system of a Vermont utility, according to U.S. officials” and continued “While the Russians did not actively use the code to disrupt operations of the utility, according to officials who spoke on condition of anonymity in order to discuss a security matter, the penetration of the nation’s electrical grid is significant because it represents a potentially serious vulnerability.”

Yet, it turns out this narrative was false and as the chronology below will show, illustrates how effectively false and misleading news can ricochet through the global news echo chamber through the pages of top tier newspapers that fail to properly verify their facts."

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

That's funny.  And wrong.  Here is a recent example... go to Forbes to read the whole article.

"On Friday the Washington Post sparked a wave of fear when it ran the breathless headline “Russian hackers penetrated U.S. electricity grid through a utility in Vermont, U.S. officials say.” The lead sentence offered “A code associated with the Russian hacking operation dubbed Grizzly Steppe by the Obama administration has been detected within the system of a Vermont utility, according to U.S. officials” and continued “While the Russians did not actively use the code to disrupt operations of the utility, according to officials who spoke on condition of anonymity in order to discuss a security matter, the penetration of the nation’s electrical grid is significant because it represents a potentially serious vulnerability.”

Yet, it turns out this narrative was false and as the chronology below will show, illustrates how effectively false and misleading news can ricochet through the global news echo chamber through the pages of top tier newspapers that fail to properly verify their facts."

Therefore all news is FAKE NEWZ.  Unless some dude with a webcam delivers it.  FAKE NEWZ is fake news when the news has been proven to be fake.

2 minutes ago, catchit said:

Therefore all news is FAKE NEWZ.  Unless some dude with a webcam delivers it.  FAKE NEWZ is fake news when the news has been proven to be fake.

That is not my opinion.  But I also don't share your opinion that the WP is 100% correct in its reporting... and gave you an example of a recent flub.  Not as big as the NY Times talking the world into flushing Saddam Hussein, but still a significant screw-up.

Just now, Slacker said:

That is not my opinion.  But I also don't share your opinion that the WP is 100% correct in its reporting... and gave you an example of a recent flub.  Not as big as the NY Times talking the world into flushing Saddam Hussein, but still a significant screw-up.

I never stated anything about any source being 100% accurate.  Never happened.  FAKE NEWZ.

36 minutes ago, FishinKid007 said:

The WH on the other hand seem to be in the low 20's, as far as truth in their announcements/spin. 

Just now, Slacker said:

37 minutes ago, FishinKid007 said:

Wrong guy.