Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bass Ackwards

Oh Canada

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Can you believe this chit, a man is charged with attempted murder for shooting one of 3 armed men with one of their guns after they broke into his (or his friends?) home.

Break-in suspect shot, man in home charged

THE CHRONICLE HERALD
Published July 20, 2017 - 7:15pm
Last Updated July 25, 2017 - 4:46pm

A man is charged with attempted murder and a raft of firearms offences after helping fend off home invaders, one of whom he’s now charged with shooting.

Kyle Earl Munroe was arrested on July 12 after RCMP and Halifax Regional Police responded to a report of a home invasion involving firearms at a home in Porters Lake.

Police said that three men entered the residence with guns and a struggle took place with two men inside.

The two in the home seized a firearm from one of the suspects and several shots were fired as the suspects fled. Police later located one of the suspects, who had non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.

Munroe faces charges of attempted murder, intent to discharge a firearm, intent to discharge a firearm when being reckless, careless use of a firearm, improper storage of a firearm, pointing a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm knowing that possession is unauthorized, and possession for the purpose of trafficking.

“Right now they’re just pending charges,” said spokeswoman Chris Hansen at the Public Prosecution Service.

Munroe is banned from any contact with two named individuals, must attend court as ordered, keep the peace and be of good behaviour, not leave his residence except for essential activities such as work or medical appointments, remain in Nova Scotia, not consume drugs or alcohol, not possess a cellphone or pager, have no weapons, and answer the door to police when they check at his home.

Munroe is due back in Dartmouth Provincial Court on Aug. 22 for election and plea.

2 minutes ago, Bass Ackwards said:

The two in the home seized a firearm from one of the suspects and several shots were fired as the suspects fled

Were the suspects outside the house while fleeing? I can see charges being filed here in the US under similar circumstances. I mean, it's not like your life is in danger from someone who is fleeing...

22 minutes ago, Bass Ackwards said:

“Right now they’re just pending charges,” said spokeswoman Chris Hansen at the Public Prosecution Service

Sounds a "tad" overzealous but the article did say, pending so it might be worth watching. I'd hate to see the guy get punished for defending himself.

2 minutes ago, Stonesipher said:

Sounds a "tad" overzealous but the article did say, pending so it might be worth watching. I'd hate to see the guy get punished for defending himself.

Again, are you defending yourself if you shoot someone who is fleeing from you? 

4 minutes ago, ByronPA said:

Again, are you defending yourself if you shoot someone who is fleeing from you? 

No but you are defending someone from being the next victim. 

You do armed robbery and get shot with your own gun, good enough for you. The only mistake the victim made was not shooting the robber in the head. 

I'd tell the cops the robber said he had another gun outside and they he'd be right back :laugh:

1 hour ago, ByronPA said:

Were the suspects outside the house while fleeing? I can see charges being filed here in the US under similar circumstances. I mean, it's not like your life is in danger from someone who is fleeing...

Can't say for sure but the article leads me to believe the were inside. He wrestled a weapon away from one of the intruders and HE is charged with intent to discharge a firearm, intent to discharge a firearm when being reckless, careless use of a firearm, improper storage of a firearm, pointing a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm knowing that possession is unauthorized, and possession for the purpose of trafficking. ???? WTF????? This is INSANITY

More to this than is published, wouldn't mind betting these were bikers raiding other bikers for drugs and cash.

The police located the wounded raider very quickly, so they must know who is who.