Aquacide

Trumps phone calls transcripts leaked.

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

go read em. interesting reading.

Trumps begs Mexico to stop saying they won't pay for the wall, Mexico says but we won't, and he says I know that but youre making me look bad :laugh: 

and his lack of knowledge on the Australian refugees is astounding. he clearly didn't ask for a briefing before the call.

as you'd expect he spends much of it talking about himself, and he really does talk in private like he does in public.

he did tell the trusth for once though " these people will see me as a weak and ineffective leader in the first week". yep. we did.

“Can Australia give me a guarantee that if we have any problems – you know that is what they said about the Boston bombers. They said they were wonderful young men,” Trump said to Turnbull.

“They were Russians. They were not from any of these countries,” Turnbull responded, referring to Trump’s travel ban.

Trump said, “They were from wherever they were.”

Just now, JimW said:

Already knew Trump is a buffoon but I think it's striking that entire transcripts of calls with foreign leaders are getting leaked.   

Yeah, his own people are leaking them. That's how embarrassing it is. 

25 minutes ago, PlumFishing said:

Yeah, his own people are leaking them. That's how embarrassing it is. 

It's incredible. Way worse than me leaking Raider's address and cell number.

this article about it makes some good points, including that trump lied about the Turnball call, as he did about the Scout Leaders call, and another call from Nieto praising him - both of whom say that was a lie.

From the border wall to refugees, the White House transcripts paint a sobering picture of the president’s conflicting statements

Perhaps the least surprising upshot of the release of the transcripts is the confirmation that the president and his administration deliberately misled the public about them. When the Washington Post published an account of the Turnbull conversation in early February, Trump tweeted that it had been a “very civil conversation that FAKE NEWS media lied about”.

As has happened repeatedly over the course of the administration, the emergence of the facts has upheld the news reports, and shown the denials to be fake. Trump repeatedly tries to coach Peña Nieto on how to mislead the press, urging him to stop repeating Mexico’s refusal to pay for Trump’s proposed border wall.

The wall and its supposed Mexican funding was a mainstay of Trump campaign speeches. In private, Trump tells the Mexican leader to stop reminding voters of a promise the new president cannot fulfil. He argues the wall and its financing is “the least important thing that we are talking about” and says he is in a “political bind” because he had “been talking about it for a two-year period”.

52 minutes ago, iphish said:

I'm so but who the eff cares ....there is far more more important issues regarding this country on both sides of aisle

we care. we wish to undermine a weak and ineffective leader and push him out for the good of the Country.

we're trying to correct your mistake.

58 minutes ago, Aquacide said:

we care. we wish to undermine a weak and ineffective leader and push him out for the good of the Country.

I thought he was Hitler... and doing great damage?

Trumps DOJ is looking at ways to squeeze sanctuary cities.... BLM is marginalized.... he has N.Korea in his sights....he signed off on Russian sanctions..... he's putting the right kind of judges on the bench...I haven't heard poop from the gun grabber lobby on months ... why should do care about these transcripts again?

1 hour ago, Aquacide said:

Worse case scenario you get Pence... I like him better anyway.. best of luck