Billy 40

Mike Joyce aka Rapt Tite

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Mike passed away last week after a bout with stomach lung and brain cancer @ 54 years old. HE & I started The NERBs together in 2004, and we reamianed close since, he last hosted a gathering in the Winter of 2016. He hasn't posted here in a long time, but if you look through the photos in the Wraps post, you'll see a lot of his work there. He has several wraps on teh cover of my book, and he is responsible for a lo tof teh artwork that people are doing today, as he inspired taught and did some really outside teh box work on his rods.

IMG_3841.JPG

IMG_3851.JPG

the booth4.jpg

Very sorry to hear of the passing of you friend Billy. 

Rip Mike. 

I'm pretty sure he was at an event you put together at the fire house in oceanport nj with a bunch of guys from this place. Super talent gone way too soon. 

6 hours ago, Kml said:

I'm pretty sure he was at an event you put together at the fire house in oceanport nj with a bunch of guys from this place. Super talent gone way too soon. 

YOu were at that event  too? I just looked at the photos from that event, it as 2007, and it's really funny to see people 10 years ago!! THe guy  I went with to that  event was Rich, he passed away from a heart attack @ 44 years old in 2011. ANother guy who was at tha tevent, ROy passed away from a heart attack in 2012

winner royMarch 06.jpg

Sorry for your loss of a good friend and rod building innovator Billy .  RIP Mike Joyce aka. Rapt Tite.

Edited by flylikabird

Sorry to hear of Mike's passing. What a great talent gone way too soon.

I was just talking to my wife about that Firehouse gathering over the weekend, what a strange thing.