Walber8705

What's a good Lamiglas surf Rod for heavier plugs

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Anytime I purchased a rod I would try it first. If I saw someone with the rod I would just ask if I could take a couple of casts and a couple of times while casting I go a hit on the rod, felt how it handled and passed the rod back to the owner to bring in the fish....

Your absolutely right, I tried a friends set up with a vr125, next day visited a local tackle shop and purchased a  vr125. Just need to find some big fish, Oct- Nov ??

17 hours ago, Walber8705 said:

Which one is that one on their site i seen that they changed the name to surf and jetty

The "Surf and Jetty' are the factory built stock blanks. You could have the 1321m built to your specifications for around $350, give or take 20 bucks. Look under the 'blanks' section

Just saw an excellent video on YouTube with Lou Caruso regarding the Lamiglass Old School rods.  Definitely some good info there and reason.  I think the 1321 blank would be perfect and go for a custom build.  Otherwise I also like the Super Surf 2G as well. 

Both in 11' 

GSB1321M

SSS1322MH

The GSB 1321M "Old School" blank will definitely be able to throw 6 ounces and beyond. If you want a factory built, the XS111MHS will be able toss 6 ounces with no problem. Both are 11 foot rods however. We do make a "Certified Pro" surf rod that is 11'6" which can throw up to 6 ounces. 

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

Ah, a Lami rep!  Odd, I never noticed you before, but I'm glad you're here.

Thanks, glad to be here!

I have been on and off SOL since 2011 I think, but I've only been employed full-time by Lamiglas for a little over a month. Before that I was just on the Pro-Staff. And before that just a big fan and supporter.

Any questions let me know! 

seank@lamiglas.com