Southcoastphil

Priceless Rod stolen

Rate this topic

82 posts in this topic

I just learned that some expensive gear has gone missing near Plymouth, MA.  More importantly, it is priceless to the dad, for one of the rods was custom made to honor his son who died of cancer.  If any of you are willing to keep your eyes out for this, I'm certain that your help will be greatly appreciated. 

2 rods and reels stolen last night. 7/31/2017 from north Plymouth. First one is a Saint Croix legend matched with a diawa emblem pro 5500. The emblem has a different color wrap second from last eye due to repair. The second rod is the blue, silver and black 1209 custom built in remembrance of my son who lost his fight to cancer. That rod I just updated with the new Diawa saltist 5000. The saltist In the pictures is the old one. There is not another rod around that looks like this one. Unique markings include the USMC logo and the makers mark of rich Mann. PLEASE SHARE

stolen-rod-and-reel.jpg

Edited by TimS
We don't allow links to FB

TimS,

Apologies for my rules violation.  It was not done intentionally, as you saw in my original post.

Thank you for allowing the rest of my content to appear.

That's sickening.

Honestly makes me ill to think about. Hopefully thieves are stupid and try to sell but in my experience they most often just keep premium stolen gear for themselves and use it in select non public spots. 

The percentage of 'normal folks' to human garbage is appallingly low.

59 minutes ago, rst3 said:

That's sickening.

Honestly makes me ill to think about. Hopefully thieves are stupid and try to sell but in my experience they most often just keep premium stolen gear for themselves and use it in select non public spots. 

Not my experience, stupid is as stupid does. 

9 minutes ago, Matt A. Poisett said:

I've offered to build this rod as a replacement at my cost, ,,in the event it isn't recovered, ,,any  $ helping hands here SOL'rs ?

Would be a great gesture 

I'm in! Glad to help!

Jim

56 minutes ago, Matt A. Poisett said:

I've offered to build this rod as a replacement at my cost, ,,in the event it isn't recovered, ,,any  $ helping hands here SOL'rs ?

Would be a great gesture 

2 hours ago, rst3 said:

> Edit: human garbage ratio adjustment.

> Matt A. Poisett single handedly raises "fishing monkey" rep with huge act of kindness.

More impressive than a 50 imo 

Edited by rst3

H, I am totally in.

That's a GREAT idea!!

It won't ever replace the lost rod, but maybe this gesture will help ease some of the pain by reaffirming the Dad's faith in humanity. 

Thank you.