flyangler

How quickly will RAISE Act be called racist?!

Rate this topic

110 posts in this topic

Imagine, USA will require skills and English proficiency from green card LEGAL immigrants? At introduction Senator Purdue said 1-in-15 of current green card applicant can speak English and/or offer the US economy commercially viable skills.

Also seeking to cut total immigrants from 1mm to 500k under this program. 

So, now we are adopting policy similar to Canada and Australia but that won't stop the haters from calling the USA racist. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by tomkaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tomkaz said:

Imagine, USA will require skills and English proficiency from green card LEGAL immigrants? At introduction Senator Purdue said 1-in-15 of current green card applicant can speak English and/or offer the US economy commercially viable skills.

Also seeking to cut total immigrants from 1mm to 500k under this program. 

So, now we are adopting policy similar to Canada and Australia but that won't stop the haters from calling the USA racist. 

Thoughts? 

unconstitutional

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eddy said:

unconstitutional

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech

What does that even mean? Unconstitutional? Did you miss the part in the Constitution where the president has control of immigration and that those who are not in the USA have no rights under the US Constitution? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eddy said:

unconstitutional

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech

 

Yep. The US has no national language...no reason to make laws pretending it does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Trump is an idiot, I really do.

But, I like what he's saying on this subject. Problem is, he's said a lot before........ time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tomkaz said:

Something FnM and I can agree about, whodathunkit? 

the list is probably long.

we disagree most often about whether Trump is a buffoon or if he's only acting like one because of 3D Chess.....

actual policy we probably have a LOT of overlap,

like most Democrats and Republicans do.

the divide is most often over nonsense wedge issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, tomkaz said:

What does that even mean? Unconstitutional? Did you miss the part in the Constitution where the president has control of immigration and that those who are not in the USA have no rights under the US Constitution? 

Yes I did.
Where is it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there's a very simple solution.........

if you don't like immigrants who don't speak English, don't hire them.
and
if you don't like companies that hire immigrants who don't speak English, don't do business with them.

you don't need Congress involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, eddy said:

there's a very simple solution.........

if you don't like immigrants who don't speak English, don't hire them.
and
if you don't like companies that hire immigrants who don't speak English, don't do business with them.

you don't need Congress involved.

But by that calculus, they are already in the USA, legally or illegally. This is an attempt to get ahead of that status change, but I suspect you know that.

Edited by tomkaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.