bone head move

Rate this topic

tcfish

did a little fishing down on wells /ogunquit over the weekend bunch of 12-15  in the river ,Got back to the truck leaned rod against vehicle and set my clear type tackle box on roof telling myself i shouldnt ,reassured my self i wouldnt forget it ,Yup forgot it got back and it was gone !! Couple plugs,divers ,hooks swivels weights small tape and knife and a handlefull of plastics like the sand eel imitations with the weights hooks !! kickin myself in the arse now !!! live and learn i guess i know its long gone and hope somebody reads this and doesn't do the same thing . 

I had posted this in another forum but more of a bone head move IMO:

So after a late night of revelry Saturday night, I begrudgingly got myself out of bed yesterday 5:00 AM. My thought was to fish the bunker schools all over Long Island Sound. Last weekend nice big blues to 12lbs. crushing them, hoping for big bass.

Some rush of cold water over the face, a stop at 7-11 for a LARGE coffee. Loaded the cart and went down the gangway to the boat. Loaded her up, started her up and tucked away my car keys, phone and wallet. You all know the drill.

Just about to undo the lines and I realize I left my Coffee on the hood of my truck. Run up and grab it, trying to be coy with the dock fence making sure it doesn't lock behind me. CLICK....oh oh. Locked out with a running boat, no phone to call home, nothing. Can't stick my arm under the fence to open it from the other side, too old and hungover to think about climbing around it, especially with a low tide and nothing but mud 20' down. 

Hmmm, what to do. Make my way around and into the harbor thinking it's a 10' swim from the mud to the first boats facing me, one a town pump out. Leaving my sandals on a trod through the mud, losing one Sperry as I plowed through it, I climb myself up the pump out and onto the dock. Mind you this is the extreme back end of a North Shore LI harbor, not the nicest water. Once on the dock, sprayed myself down with a hose. Retrieve the coffee and head out for nothing in the bunker schools and a short fluke after switching over out of desperation on the bunker fillet. 

NOTE TO SELF: Tuck a marina key under some duct tape under the truck!!!!

First in 30 years of boating....you never have it all covered. 

57 minutes ago, bdowning said:

If I had a buck for every coffee I left on the roof of my vehicle... :kook:

-bd

We'd both retire. It's so natural. You put the coffee down on either the bumper or the hood,  throw a bag over your shoulder. Grab the rods and whatever else you have knowing coffee's the last thing to grab. I've slammed my tailgate down on the 24oz. cup a few times. Not pretty. 

5 hours ago, brushfly said:

We'd both retire. It's so natural. You put the coffee down on either the bumper or the hood,  throw a bag over your shoulder. Grab the rods and whatever else you have knowing coffee's the last thing to grab. I've slammed my tailgate down on the 24oz. cup a few times. Not pretty. 

Yup and sunglasses !!