Walber8705

Breathable Wader/boot recommendations for the surf

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I've had Orbis silver sonic guide waders for the past few years. So far the most durable and comfortable waders I've ever worn. Boot wise I have a pair of Simms freestones. It's a bit if a pricy combination but I've been thrilled with it. 

Edited by FinS 32

Feel free to do a search here.  Tons of info on this popular topic.

For me, I cannot fathom why people do not purchase waders from LLBean (Unless they just plain don't fit.).

1 hour ago, Southcoastphil said:

Feel free to do a search here.  Tons of info on this popular topic.

For me, I cannot fathom why people do not purchase waders from LLBean (Unless they just plain don't fit.).

Agreed,

Further, for surf /sand I recommend boot foot vs. stocking foot. W/ stocking foot boots tend to gather sand which quickly becomes heavy & uncomfortable. I have boot foot for sand and stocking foot for Jetty & slippery / rocky streams & rivers.

JD

Completely agree with you, JD.  Fishing the ditch and many boulder fields, I've always preferred the support from stocking foot waders + good (= studded) wading boots. 

That all went to h3ll last November when I hit the NJ beaches.  I even tried wearing extra neoprene wading socks, with cuffs, between my waders and my boots.  I guess it helped a little, maybe, but still a lot of sand in my boots at the end of the day.  It was also a PITA to don waders, wading socks, then wading boots at every stop.  I'll have boot foot waders (from LLB of course!) before my next trip to sandy beaches.

for sandy beaches the hodgman wading booties are ok... they keep the sand out pretty good.. just have to rinse the sand off the zippers to keep them from getting stuck every trip.. i usually have a bottle of water extra just for that.... i don't remember what the name of the last pair i had were. they were Velcro closed instead of zippers the hodgman do a better job at keeping sand out and are a little thicker or more durable feeling.. protect my feet a little better and are a little warmer.. good and bad..

i got mine on sale for 32 dollars.. can't really tell how long they will last as i have only put about 50 miles on them in the sand.. i can say they are pretty comfortable.. the sand/ sticky zipper sucks.. just make sure to rinse it off to keep it from wearing out or sticking..

hodgman-neoprene-wading-boots-847579-1024x1024.jpg

LL Bean...any problems with them and they replace it for free no questions asked. 

Edited by heyblue34