DeltaHawk510

Van Staal VR50???

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Funny, I just heard the news in my local tackle shop. The owner says he's been receiving a bunch of calls about them.  Wonder what type of fishing the angler plans on using that for?  

On 8/2/2017 at 10:42 AM, DeltaHawk510 said:

I wonder it will be a good fit for a st croix tidemaster travel. My rod is 7'6 

That's my backbay plan. Out front it will be on a 9ft rod.

;-) I have 2 of the bait casting versions of this rod and love them. I also love my VR175 so I figured this combo is a no brainer. It will be my fluke setup because I hate jigging with a bait caster. I usually end up holding the rod in the wrong hand and cranking backwards just because it's easier to rapid jig that way.Screenshot_2017-08-03-09-12-53.thumb.jpg.a27ec604f3a6bc6b24102cab5919c6aa.jpg

I think all the hard core fishermen are just waiting for the 50 to hit their local tackle shops.  This reel     paired with a 7 or 8 will be one of the best back bay set ups, and I'm sure it will be used for fishing out front on the lighter 9's.

I live in the west coast. Pretty much next to the CA Delta so no fluke fishing here. Only small to medium stripers and largies. I was thinking it would be a good reel for kayak fishing.