luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - August 2017

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

Are you kidding me? Pumping sand to replenish hatteras? The point? Unbelievable. Who do we think we are doing this. theres nothing even behind there right? Who is making the call here? Unreal....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Are you kidding me? Pumping sand to replenish hatteras? The point? Unbelievable. Who do we think we are doing this. theres nothing even behind there right? Who is making the call here? Unreal....

Not the point area but well south of there in the neighborhoods. Justified in order to protect hwy 12, but the propety owners are the beneficiaries. Here's a pic from the area a year ago during a normal high tide. Imagine it during a storm. 20160519_185645.thumb.jpg.e8536f8de9a67ee992e10848fb33bd52.jpg

 More than a few condemned houses too. 

20150521_110932.thumb.jpg.52a40395105a0caa42e9cd5c23259f89.jpg

 

Will be interesting to see how long the replenishments lasts. Bet there are some good deals on beachfront propety! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good god!!!! Yeah. I'd say they needed it there then. No choice or destroy the homes and build farther back... damn...

 

another spot that got it recently thag prob needed it is ortley beach in NJ. Storms would mess their hilarious excuse for a dune up pretty bad and a few houses always got messed up when there was high surf. But now the bottom is screwed up and beach looks terrible:shore break only. And they're doing the whole coast there minus IBSP. so. Fall will be interesting......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, steve maranto said:

Not the point area but well south of there in the neighborhoods. Justified in order to protect hwy 12, but the propety owners are the beneficiaries. Here's a pic from the area a year ago during a normal high tide. Imagine it during a storm. 20160519_185645.thumb.jpg.e8536f8de9a67ee992e10848fb33bd52.jpg

 More than a few condemned houses too. 

20150521_110932.thumb.jpg.52a40395105a0caa42e9cd5c23259f89.jpg

 

Will be interesting to see how long the replenishments lasts. Bet there are some good deals on beachfront propety! 

Dang that sucks! On the flip side comfort fishing from your deck how bout it Earl???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Esoxhunter said:

Dang that sucks! On the flip side comfort fishing from your deck how bout it Earl???

I was thinking the same thing!  It would be a lot of work to go down all of those steps to unhook a fish!  I'd yell inside to the kids to go unhook me.

 

went fishing this morning 6-8 am off the beach (pretty much low tide to incoming tide) and there was no bite except for the crabs.  I can feel those little bast&@)s through my braid.  Had a pod of about 20-25 dolphins playing in front for about 30 minutes.  Saw one tail slapping and one jump twice.  Worth the walk right there. The fishing was the bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the idea of stopping barrier islands from moving is an interesting one. Perhaps I would feel different if I owned a 2 million $ house on the beach and stood to lose profits from renting it out. Idk...I do like the idea they can't do that stuff in the national seashore....this gives me comfort. I truly enjoy the relatively natural beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DSSP 8/20 - 8/21

Sunday was a day filled with small, 5-8" snappers on cut bait casted just beyond the dirty water. Incoming was more productive than the outgoing.

Monday the blues were bigger, some up to 16" caught with fresh spot. The spot were caught close to the wash using FBBW on hi/lo rigs. Coincidence or not, the biggest blues hit during the eclipse. About the eclipse - I walked back to my house and heard the crickets and birds chirping like it was dusk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2017 at 0:07 PM, NewWaveDave said:

I think the idea of stopping barrier islands from moving is an interesting one. Perhaps I would feel different if I owned a 2 million $ house on the beach and stood to lose profits from renting it out. Idk...I do like the idea they can't do that stuff in the national seashore....this gives me comfort. I truly enjoy the relatively natural beach.

 Beaches that are all natural= hold more bait and fish too. 

 

My wifes parents have a house down on hatteras they rent out. From what I've gathered they understand the risks they take owning property down there and what the possibilities are if 1 major storm  like sandy were to come through. I would assume everyone knows the risk they take purchasing property like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fished AI, Va all this week. Monday to Friday. Used Live Bw's, fish bite's, pieces of blue fish i caught, and shrimp. Spot , Spot and more spot from the beach , all on shrimp. even the two small blues who gave themselves up for bait were on the shrimp. Fished the pier on Chincoteagaue island and caught an oyster cracker, and a croaker, all on the shrimp. Never used the 11' surf pole.Just a 7' with 12# mono . Had a great time fishing , weather was great, and didn't get skunked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.