Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltydawg

I now pronounce you man and Mac

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

When the laws began to rapidly change concerning what we considered legal marriage, I said over and over that polygamists would have the next best case using the new precedents...I was spot on.

I think plural marriages will eventually be recognized as legal marriages.

Man ‘marries’ his laptop, sues for state recognition and a wedding cake

Chris Sevier says that if same-sex couples are able to get married and demand that Christian bakers make them wedding cakes, then he should be allowed to marry his laptop and demand a cake to celebrate the union between one man and one machine.

The self-identified “machinist” says he married his laptop in a ceremony in New Mexico, and now he has sued to demand that a Colorado baker — who is already in court after refusing to bake for a same-sex marriage — must be compelled to make cakes for him and his computer “bride.” He also has filed a lawsuit demanding that Utah recognize his man-object marriage.

It’s the latest battlefront in an increasingly thorny area of law, after the U.S. Supreme Court in 2015 established a constitutional right to same-sex marriage.

While legal analysts said the case is a stretch, a judge in Utah has allowed part of that lawsuit to proceed, and analysts concede that Mr. Sevier’s claims get to the heart of how far the 2015 Obergefell ruling stretches when it comes to nontraditional unions.

“If marriage based on self-asserted sex-based identity narratives is a ‘fundamental right,’ ‘individual right,’ ‘existing right,’ based on a ‘personal choice’ for homosexuals, then clearly it is also a ‘fundamental right,’ ‘individual right,’ ‘existing right,’ based on a ‘personal choice’ for polygamists, zoophiles and machinists,” Mr. Sevier and several self-identified polygamists said in their lawsuit against Masterpiece Cakeshop, the Colorado baker they are challenging.

Masterpiece Cakeshop baker Jack Phillips is slated for a day in the Supreme Court this year after justices said they would hear his appeal of a Colorado civil rights office that penalized him for refusing to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding.

Now it’s Mr. Sevier and his cohorts — three polygamists — who said if Colorado can force Mr. Phillips to bake a same-sex wedding cake, then it also can make him bake a man-machine cake.

if you say so.....

not sure this is "spot on" evidence that your prediction was right....

though I do agree with you since polygamy is allowed in many cultures/religions (though I won't be arguing what "many" translates to in practical terms)

it does seem to be an issue looming on the horizon.

polygamist same sex marriages have already been recognized in Columbia, I think.  only a matter of time here.

Edited by jkrock

Interesting, does this mean if you marry your computer network, it makes you a digital polygamist.

Are you able to claim all your systems and accessories as dependents?

1 minute ago, jkrock said:

polygamist same sex marriages have already been recognized in Columbia, I think.  only a matter of time here.

Pederasty soon as well.  Cant discriminate anymore, time to be open minded and fair.

6 minutes ago, dena said:

With the coming Muslim horde, it is shooting fish in a barrel to predict legal  child sex. Of course, it is only a matter of time.

Already happening in Europe, the status quo there does not know how to handle child brides.

Polygamy first, folks. Victimless (unlike child marriage) and consenting adults are expressing their individual rights based upon free will. I think we will see the number of partners will be found to be as arbitrary as the sex of partners. 

1 minute ago, saltydawg said:

Polygamy first, folks. Victimless (unlike child marriage) and consenting adults are expressing their individual rights based upon free will. I think we will see the number of partners will be found to be as arbitrary as the sex of partners. 

That thought of yours makes 'Married to the Mob' take on a whole new meaning.