Drew C.

Employee issue - no call, no show...

Rate this topic

73 posts in this topic

i want to see what the wise ones here in the tavern say - an employee no call/no show issue.  they say that they were sick and seen in an er. er note looks less than believable. i call the facility to confirm and i'm told no one by that name was seen there. i have someone else to call just to make sure. they get told we can't release that info. now, i certainly understand hippa regs, etc. , my question is how can i find out if the note is legit? i don't want any info, just trying to confirm the info given to me.

Edited by Drew C.

the state's license look-up has the dr as having a valid license in the state, is working at the hospital. but that's public info, anyone can look that up.

Look him up on facebook, that's what some of my customers do, they call in sick they look at there facebook page if there's pics of them doing shots at 2 am they call them and tell them their fired

Scan the note in, email it over to the facility with an explanation of why you, as the employer need to verify if the note is legit. As you state,d you do not need to know why the employee was seen just that they were seen.

8 minutes ago, redfishkiller said:

Look him up on facebook, that's what some of my customers do, they call in sick they look at there facebook page if there's pics of them doing shots at 2 am they call them and tell them their fired

you sir, are very wise sometimes.

call and ask to speak to the attending physician or ask the patient to request a letter.

Should have a firm written policy to protect you from unemployment claims, etc. 

Ours - first offense, sick time not paid for the day and one day suspension without pay. 2nd offense - buh bye.  

3 minutes ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Look man, he was out fishing with me.  Cut him some slack.  

Yeah really, because the poor bastard probably didn'tcatch anything

We have a good policy in place. No call/no show is termination unless there’s a drs note. 

I know the other ways to look into it as well. They haven’t turned anything up. 

All I need to do is confirm the note, that’s it.