Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bill22

Abu 6500 c3. ( one with ball bearing Drive)

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Anyone here give me some help, I have a older 6500 c3 with the dog anti reverse.has ball bearing Drive shaft .it has that spider type washer under the gear. I was looking to change out some stuff just as it's old. Can I just use the little brass washer that's in newer ones and do away with the spider type? Reason is I read if you put thicker drag washers in it alters a lot of the original setup.And I was told to swap out the dog to a newer type 2 leaf? Any one know that part number? I think I have the schematic but can't find it ,if anyone has a copy that could help reel foot say s

990503. Thanks 

For the drag washers, I recommend you call Dawn at Smooth Drag. They seem to be knowledgeable regarding ABU reels. Another helpful person is Hooklless. They service and repair a lot of ABU and similar reels.

Thanks yeah saw the smoothies are I think fine as they are a bit thinner like stock. Reel works fine,just again seeing if it's a easy swap with small stuff. If not I ll just leave it as it was.. if anyone does have the part swap numbers that's a help