Updated Big Buck Pics

Rate this topic

Mummichog

handsome buck!!

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

you just reminded me to put a cam out today.  plan is to take pics for all of august, pull the cam 9/1, then let things alone until 9/15 opening day.  

anyone ever put a cam in their treestand location so the deer get accustomed to hearing faint noises coming from that direction?  My camera make a soft click everytime it goes off so I was thinking if they get used to that maybe something like a safety being turned off or an arrow touching a twig won't send them running.

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

i've heard of guys making cardboard cutouts of themselves and dressing them in old camo that they put up in their stands all summer so by hunting season the deer are like "Hi Jim!"

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

18 minutes ago, EBHarvey said:

you just reminded me to put a cam out today.  plan is to take pics for all of august, pull the cam 9/1, then let things alone until 9/15 opening day.  

anyone ever put a cam in their treestand location so the deer get accustomed to hearing faint noises coming from that direction?  My camera make a soft click everytime it goes off so I was thinking if they get used to that maybe something like a safety being turned off or an arrow touching a twig won't send them running.

Yeah and the biggest buck I ever seen (who never showed on cam) walked behind the camera and sniffed the strap before walking away without his picture taken, never to be seen again.  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....