Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquacide

is this obstruction of justice ?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

trumps coverup memo of Don Jr's secret meeting with the FSB spy is being looked at by Robert Mueller as evidence to support the Obstruction of Justice charge :

President Donald Trump personally dictated a misleading statement earlier this month about his son's meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016, the Washington Post reported late Monday, which could place the president and some of his top advisers in legal jeopardy. The statement, written while Trump was flying home from the G-20 summit in Germany in early July, said the meeting between the lawyer and Donald Trump Jr. was about Russian adoptions. Days later, Trump Jr. admitted the meeting was in fact regarding an offer of damaging information on Hillary Clinton. 

obviously he misled the American People about collusion, but i'm not sure the OoJ charge would stick. he could argue that Don Jr lied to him yes ?

and then as long as Don Jr testified under oath that he lied to his Dad, trump could beat the rap right ?

what do people think ? 

This is so Funny: constant lies, constant denying the lies, even though it is obvious they are lying.

The reason they do this (using alternative facts = Lies) is because they feel their 35% base is stupid enough to believe anything they say! Common guys. You know who you are; Admit it.  Do you still believe everything Trump says?

They should call this the NEW STUPID WATERGATE!  At east Nixon was very smart and had smart people around him.  How can his people allow him to tell his son to lie???

11 hours ago, FishinKid007 said:

This is so Funny: constant lies, constant denying the lies, even though it is obvious they are lying.

The reason they do this (using alternative facts = Lies) is because they feel their 35% base is stupid enough to believe anything they say! Common guys. You know who you are; Admit it.  Do you still believe everything Trump says?

They should call this the NEW STUPID WATERGATE!  At east Nixon was very smart and had smart people around him.  How can his people allow him to tell his son to lie???

:waah:

I dont believe Trump colluded with the Russians as far as the election goes. I do believe him and or Jared have Russian business interests they do not want known and they fear these will come out as the investigation into collusion continues. It is the reason in my belief for the constant changing stories, the constant lying or not remember of Russia related meetings and conversations. The irony is all of the leaks that are now coming out I suspect are from and are going to be from former Trump team guys that were forced to resign or were fired. When you shame others publicly they will get back out you privately

An obstruction of justice charge would have to be pursued, as against the President, by impeachment. I don't think the DoJ could do it.  Impeachment isn't happening.

As regards anyone else, like Donald Jr., OoJ implies the commission of some specific and identifiable crime, to the best of my understanding. The likeliest crime would be perjury, and that might apply IF and ONLY IF Donald Jr.'s previous denials of any contacts with Russian officialdom were made under oath. AFAIK, he wasn't under oath when he denied such contacts, or denounced claims of such contacts.  Lying to the public isn't a felony and while there might be a politician who hasn't done so, there are damn few. 

Was he ready, willing, and enthusiastic about getting electoral help from the Russian government? Yes. Was he eager to collude?  Yes.  But the base doesn't care, and nothing he's done seems to me to be a crime.   

11 hours ago, FishinKid007 said:

If you want you Russian Collusion, you can keep your Russian Collusion.  I did not have Collusion with that Russian, Vladimir Putin.  Blah, blah, blah.

The left is nothing if not a bunch of moronic sheep ready and willing to follow Big Brother in Washington DC, and be led around by their noses. 

Liberalism is Leprosy

Political Correctness is the Sharia of Liberalism

Keep squawking Liberals...The MSM tells you so.

35 minutes ago, fish'nmagician said:

overt collusion might be hard to prove.

unless you actually had the Trump's wired up.

but there will be a LOT of evidence of quid pro quo arrangements.

Hard to prove but a lot of evidence of quid pro quo.  

Makes total sense.  

3 minutes ago, JimG said:

Hard to prove but a lot of evidence of quid pro quo.  

Makes total sense.  

yes I agree. which itself is not a crime, but what I was asking was the actions of trump and trump Jr an obstruction to justice in preventing discovery by the DOJ etc ?

on its own I think not. but if perhaps there are other examples here ?

and should Mueller or the Senate ask why Trump gave  a different version to that of his son ?

I also wonder why, with dozens of lackeys and hundreds of employees, trump felt it necessary to send his closest confidantes. it kind of implies that the material was extremely sensitive no ?