Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
codfish

Kelly draining the swamp

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 stars tacking charge, hopefully now Trump will work on trade, jobs, and leave Kelly as the "MAN" we have all been waiting for, Elizabeth Warren now watch a real leader "the General" and yes I am currently in the US Military.

Edited by codfish

yes draining the swamp from people HIS president put in-these were not follks that Obama put in-these were the BEST people we were promised

trump has great agenda but failed out picking and filling a staff

Gotta give ol Trumpster credit, though, he ain't taking no bs, and winnowing the wheat from the chaff.

Someone ain't with the program, dey outa dere.

17 minutes ago, codfish said:

4 stars tacking charge, hopefully now Trump will work on trade, jobs, and leave Kelly as the "MAN" we have all been waiting for, Elizabeth Warren now watch a real leader "the General" and yes I am currently in the US Military.

Thank you for your service codfish and good for you.  Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines??

Interesting first move.  Let's see what he does next.  I'm rooting for him but while I support Trump, I acknowledge he will be hard to keep under wraps.  But Trump does show military people an awful lot of respect.  Might be because he never served and secretly feels guilty about it.

Just now, codfish said:

No I think its more like a 4 star Marine General telling the golf course owner the way its going to go, what say you?

I think Trump is the boss because he is.

I'm sure Kelly will try to counsel him, to no avail.

Kelly will realize his mistake and honorably resign.

18 minutes ago, Gotcow? said:

Like one former general is going to make Trump change who he is.

Just a matter of time before Kelly tenders his resignation.

1 minute ago, Gotcow? said:

I think Trump is the boss because he is.

I'm sure Kelly will try to counsel him, to no avail.

Kelly will realize his mistake and honorably resign.

Yup, sooner.....or later.

Trump doesn't give a crap about him or anyone else there...worship him or be gone.

Thanks third generation serving in the USAF reserves already deployed to the Middle East once, looking at a second tour?

One of the reasons I struggle with Political stuff is the conflict I have on one side the Elizabeth Warren crowd makes me vomit on the other side I have Trump who accepted a Purple heart.

A military veteran supporting Donald Trump gifted the Republican nominee his Purple Heart Tuesday, prompting Trump to say he "always wanted to get the Purple Heart" and this was "much easier" than serving in combat.

Purple Hearts are awarded to service members who suffer wounds in combat.

My dad was 19 years old and was hit by mortar shell shrapnel while in the US Army, he lived with it in his legs until his death, every night he was in pain, so when he says "always wanted to get the Purple Heart"  and this was "much easier"  sorry that still burns deep for me. 

And when General Kelly received the purple heart it was under the worst of circumstances read'
2nd Lt. Robert M. Kelly 29, of Tallahassee, FL. – General’s Son Led from the Front! obituary 

You will not find one person serving our country who would say "always wanted to get the Purple Heart"
Edited by codfish

I hope Codfish is right that Trump has real respect for the military. He showed the opposite during his campaign.  I think that he likes the military for 1) window dressing, and 2) makes a good impression on conservatives who were wary of him, and 3) they will take orders.  

As far as Gen. Kelly goes, I wish him well, but I think his initial authority will erode with time and Presidential frustration at being managed.  He's going to find himself too frequently having to talk to a camera and say that American policy isn't what the President tweeted last night at 4:00 a.m., just as SoS Tillerson and Gen. Mattis have had to do.  The first time he's on camera, and you can't avoid the camera as CoS, he's going to be asked about the President's tweets on transgenders in the military, and so on, and it's damn hard to not put your foot in crap in such circumstance.

20 minutes ago, BrianBM said:

I hope Codfish is right that Trump has real respect for the military. He showed the opposite during his campaign.  I think that he likes the military for 1) window dressing, and 2) makes a good impression on conservatives who were wary of him, and 3) they will take orders.  

As far as Gen. Kelly goes, I wish him well, but I think his initial authority will erode with time and Presidential frustration at being managed.  He's going to find himself too frequently having to talk to a camera and say that American policy isn't what the President tweeted last night at 4:00 a.m., just as SoS Tillerson and Gen. Mattis have had to do.  The first time he's on camera, and you can't avoid the camera as CoS, he's going to be asked about the President's tweets on transgenders in the military, and so on, and it's damn hard to not put your foot in crap in such circumstance.

"I hope Codfish is right that Trump has real respect for the military" if he did he would have said "I don't deserve this purple heart" and handed it back, not put it in his pocket and walked off the stage

Frankly I wish the President would avoid hiring Yankees.  Its a big part of the perceived problem.  This guy Kelly is a Boston irish, but I hope the Marines whipped that out of him.

Hiring Gentlemen would smooth things out.

10 hours ago, BrianBM said:

I think that he likes the military for 1) window dressing, and 2) makes a good impression on conservatives who were wary of him, and 3) they will take orders.  

Liberals have limited tolerance for the army guys.