Fishy4335

Century S2 vs Vapor trail VS 1321m

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

I've owned an s2 for 6 years, and cast friends vaportrail (3-6) a few times and I feel the s2 is more moderate. I can't speak on a comparison to the other vapor trail models. 

There is also a new s2 model that just hit the market. The century graphex s2, which is reinforced with graphene and slightly faster than the original s2. 

On 7/31/2017 at 9:07 PM, FinS 32 said:

I've owned an s2 for 6 years, and cast friends vaportrail (3-6) a few times and I feel the s2 is more moderate. I can't speak on a comparison to the other vapor trail models. 

There is also a new s2 model that just hit the market. The century graphex s2, which is reinforced with graphene and slightly faster than the original s2. 

What is the difference between old S2 and S2 Graphene?

Original 

47 minutes ago, Fishy4335 said:

What is the difference between old S2 and S2 Graphene?

The original s2 is little bit more moderate and weighs more.  Plus the materials are different. Wirhout getting too technical The new graphene one is crisper, lighter, more accurate, and stronger. Graphene is added as a reinforcement to it for added strength, power, and anti tortional properties. What you're left with is a more powerful, stronger rod  that has a thinner wall and less weight. 

Theres also a pretty signifigant price difference between the 2. To be honest the 11' graphene s2 is so new, that I just got mine today. I fell in love with the 12 foot version of it though. I don't want to fully speak for the 11 until I build it and put it to use. The original s2 isn't going anywhere though. 

Edited by FinS 32

8 minutes ago, FinS 32 said:

Original 

The original s2 is little bit more moderate and weighs more.  Plus the materials are different. The new graphene one is crisper, lighter, more accurate, and stronger. Theres also a pretty signifigant price difference between the 2. To be honest the 11' graphene s2 is so new, that I just got mine today. I fell in love with the 12 foot version of it thiugh. I don't want to fully speak for the 11 until I build it and put it to use. The original s2 isn't going anywhere though. 

Sounds interesting!  I am assuming 70/30 split?! What is the fusion process if I want to make it one peice?

12 minutes ago, Fishy4335 said:

Sounds interesting!  I am assuming 70/30 split?! What is the fusion process if I want to make it one peice?

It's closer to 50/50 the top sections just a little longer. The standard s2 is roighly 60/40. And I wouldn't fuse them. It's one of the most advanced fishing rods on the market, I don't know how fusing would work for it. If you were dead set in it though I would recommend giving Ryan White at Hatteras Jacks a call. He's the US distributed for century. If you want to try this rod out though and were close enough shoot me a pm and maybe we can set something up once I have it built. 

I have the original s2 and it's a pleasure to throw big live eels with. I know some guys have cut 6 off the tip to take some of the whippiness out of it. Great rod for me. I guess it comes down to what type of fishing you want to do. 

8 hours ago, FinS 32 said:

It's closer to 50/50 the top sections just a little longer. The standard s2 is roighly 60/40. And I wouldn't fuse them. It's one of the most advanced fishing rods on the market, I don't know how fusing would work for it. If you were dead set in it though I would recommend giving Ryan White at Hatteras Jacks a call. He's the US distributed for century. If you want to try this rod out though and were close enough shoot me a pm and maybe we can set something up once I have it built. 

Where r u located?

20 minutes ago, FinS 32 said:

Montauk

Actually, I just found out what the cost of the blank is!! I'll pass on testing since its way too expensive! $530 for the blank is crazy! I appreciate the offer to test it out though