HugeDinghy

coast guard station on cape

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

A "decomposing body" on a government-owned boat on display at the U.S. Coast Guard Station in Chatham was discovered over the weekend.  

Cape & Islands District Attorney Michael O'Keefe and Chatham Police Chief Mark Pawlina announced the unsettling discovery just before noon on Monday.

The body was found around 8:51 p.m. on Sunday in a closed compartment on the ship, according to the post. The Coast Guard station, launching point of responders involved in the famed 1952 Pendleton rescue, is located at 37 Main St. 

drunk kid climbs in and gets stuck? What do you think happened?

1 minute ago, HugeDinghy said:

weird place to OD.

Maybe not. I had a former heroin addict tell me he spent a lot of time in dark rooms in the 80's while doing it. 

8 minutes ago, HugeDinghy said:

weird place to OD.

Oh, I agree - almost as weird as the 2 that OD'd on the bench in front of the Police Station in Falmouth.        It was listed as a "medical emergency" in the paper a few days later . . . don't wanna scare the tourists away  :D

they specially said "in a closed off section" in one article...which makes you think someone got stuck, or hidden I guess,  in there...

He disappeared last Oct, last seen at at Chatham Light.

He was found in a compartment of the MLB that's on display in front of the station. Might have been there since he disappeared last October; the body was really decomposed. Initial  ID from the clothes he was last seen wearing. I just found out he was a friend of a friend, she's pretty upset. But at least they now know what happened.

Yeah down here in SE PA you listen to the Fire/EMS dispatch and can set your watch to close of business Friday afternoon. They get $ and the OD dispatches start. They had a 2 for 1 last night in the Twp.