Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyangler

"Dazed and Confused", 1976 redux and soundtrack

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

It has been a long time since I has sat through "Dazed and Confused". Home sick today and there's only so much one can watch of the news. Watched "Her Majesty's Secret Services" and was reminded how hot Diana Rigg was back in the 1960s.

Anyway, now watching D&C and forgot how well this was cast with "nobodies" back then who are somebodies today. And the soundtrack, up there with the soundtrack of my own high school years. Funny, but I don't think I appreciated the movie as much when it was first released in the early 1990s. I guess distance of time can make one more nostalgic. 

After this I might have to find "Detroit Rock City" on pay-per-view. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yeah it's a very cool nostalgic trip through high school again.   The directors sequel to D and C is Everybody Wants Some in which new characters go to college on baseball scholarships and it turns into animal house in the early eighties.   This should be hitting premium cable this fall and will be added to my DVD library of shame.  Hit the red band trailer and check it out.  I can totally relate to both movies on sooooo many levels. :)

Edited by flylikabird

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 minutes ago, Niffty said:

DRC is awesome.  :th:

I just rented it, opening scene:

Cleveland Ohio, 1978

Edited by tomkaz

This is another one of those period pieces that really just remind me of high school and all the stupid fun we had.   This open could've been right out of my junior and senior year on nights after the big games.   Lots of outdoor keggers in the woods and beautiful ripe young ladies just itching to get drunk, then naked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!