Margaret Ryan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

Edward Mansfield, Iowa supreme court

Keith Blackwell, Georgia supreme court

Charles Canady, Florida supreme court

Timothy Tymkovich, Tenth Circuit

Amul Thapar, Eastern District of Kentucky

Federico Moreno, Southern District of Florida

Robert Young, Michigan supreme court

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/442036/trump-list-supreme-court-candidates

Hmm, so close to a recess too.

Would Trump perform a recess appointment, avoiding the inevitable filibuster drama by the Dems, only to ultimately see a Vivemus cum eo confirmation via the nuclear option?

Would we hear the collective DC libs head explosions in NYC?

2 minutes ago, zybathegeek said:

Hmm, so close to a recess too.

Would Trump perform a recess appointment, avoiding the inevitable filibuster drama by the Dems, only to ultimately see a Vivemus cum eo confirmation via the nuclear option?

Would we hear the collective DC libs head explosions in NYC?

would be fun to watch but remember... recess appt last until next congress... better to enjoy the drama now than to risk Pelosi and Schumer handling a replacement nomination

Just now, hamlet said:

would be fun to watch but remember... recess appt last until next congress... better to enjoy the drama now than to risk Pelosi and Schumer handling a replacement nomination

Once the replacement is in place, what are the Dems going to do, filibuster for 4 months after this recess? The nuclear option awaits for confirmation before the next recess

They will rue their arrogant implementation of the nuclear option for a generation.

Just now, zybathegeek said:

Once the replacement is in place, what are the Dems going to do, filibuster for 4 months after this recess? The nuclear option awaits for confirmation before the next recess

They will rue their arrogant implementation of the nuclear option for a generation.

Nuclear option does NOT await if Rs dont control the senate ... the next senate... after midterm elections... when the recess appt expires

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Nuclear option does NOT await if Rs dont control the senate ... the next senate... after midterm elections... when the recess appt expires

Thats why they confirm before then. Have numbers use them.

Because if they do not use it, the Repubs are finished.

Edited by zybathegeek

Just now, zybathegeek said:

Thats why they confirm before then. Have numbers use them.

Exactly... my point exactly... as I posted... if you recess appt to avoid drama you risk not getting your way.

3 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Exactly... my point exactly... as I posted... if you recess appt to avoid drama you risk not getting your way.

We are saying the same thing.

" Would Trump perform a recess appointment, avoiding the inevitable filibuster drama by the Dems, only to ultimately see a Vivemus cum eo confirmation via the nuclear option? "

(Vivemus cum eo = Live with it - colloquially known as 'suck it up, buttercup')

Edited by zybathegeek

I missed that that was agreement... in a D controlled Senate Trump would have lost (and the US) before any nuclear D confirmation... as they would NOT confirm anybody he sent that did not fit the Leeb format.

And actually... seeing the McCain R's and their behavior... I suspect the D's would not even need to Nuclear Option the confirmation of a leeb appointee.

3 minutes ago, hamlet said:

I missed that that was agreement... in a D controlled Senate Trump would have lost (and the US) before any nuclear D confirmation... as they would NOT confirm anybody he sent that did not fit the Leeb format.

And actually... seeing the McCain R's and their behavior... I suspect the D's would not even need to Nuclear Option the confirmation of a leeb appointee.

Thankfully it is not a D controlled Senate, and for the time being McCains turncoat behavior is negated by Pence's vote.

It is more than possible that McCain may retire sooner than later.

Might be a good time to reexamine the circumstances leading up to Kennedy's nomination. Contrary to popular lore, it's not uncommon for lightning to strike the same place twice.

wiki will suffice

His nomination came after Reagan's failed nominations of Robert Bork, who was nominated in July but rejected by the Senate on October 23,[14] and Douglas Ginsburg,[15][16] who withdrew his name from consideration on November 7 after admitting to marijuana use.[17]

Expect the Maine Girls and McCain to cockblock confirmations as vehemently as the Dems.  

Everyone's not getting along, and DJT has ruffled some egos enough that they'd "fight his imperialistic ways" in the name of "bipartisan appointments" etc etc blah blah.

I'd put money on some variation of the above.

1 hour ago, zybathegeek said:

They will use the MSM mouthpieces and useful idiots on message baords to lay the blame at the feet of the R party.  Watch it.

"cant be trusted with the power of the nuclear option"...  

..."not in the interest of the citizens"

"... partisan abuses"

yada