Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Fisherman

Anyone here a member of the Long Island Fly Rodders?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

A long time ago when western LIS / CT actually had good sand eel hatches, jose and wayne blew it up, and for two weeks straight there were 15 long island salty fly rodders on my local beach every morning.   what normally used to be 5 guys enjoying some quiet good local fishing, turned into a ****how of people over the years.   now and days our sandeels are hardly existent, and that bite long died, and surprise, my beaches are empty again..

its hard to respect guys / clubs/ organizations/ magazines / who blow up spots / bites and ruin fishing by overcrowding.

That poses the question..Are club members always going to share info immediately ?.. or is there an unwritten rule about maybe delaying it until the bite dies ? After all , I assume most join a club for social as well as "learning / sharing" reasons.

The local club seems to suddenly populate the beach when the bass or big blues roll in. PITA.

6 hours ago, Mike Oliver said:

True. How did the meeting go?

Mike

Very well. Most clubs go on summer hiatus. These folks meet year-round, and in the summer they have a big cookout in the back of the Levittown VFW followed by their meeting. I presented to 50-60 people, which is a very strong showing for a club.

Steve Culton

EFR, like all "clubs", are wrought with politics, personalities, and personal agendas.  Some are victim to them and others muddle along with many unhappy members.  But, hey, it is a night or two out and they sometimes provide a focus for our art which we can share with others.  But sadly nothing lasts forever.  Including me.