JoeyZac

Everyone Is Running This Week, Right?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Please tell me everyone is getting out this week.  We're looking at a 5 day window.

Midshore, offshore, chunking, overnighters, pot hopping, Tiles, some Hoos in the mix.

It's all fair game this time of year.  Let's go get'em boys.......................

6 hours ago, ShoreThingNJ said:

You're damn right.  We'll likely be midshore tomorrow to see if the bft still want to play.

...aaaannnnddddd the crew bailed.  Now looking like Wednesday.

Someone please go kill something on my account tomorrow.  Got it? Thanks.

Inshore yes, I'll run in bad weather 

offshore no I wish. Need a little more time. And I have this annoying thing called work

but this was yesterday Inshore

5C57CDC3-2F81-4404-8BEE-4DCB9811F3C7.JPG

The fish are there men.  Gas up and go.  We got these 3 today.  Just got done cleaning fish, going to start prepping the boat up now, and heading back out in a few hours for round 2. Go get'em!!!

598126d9d1e78_8-1-17YFTGroup.jpg.e4b3182a0cafc634cd75aac9e5811001.jpg

How'd everyone make out?

Headed south out of MI around 3am, managed to pick up something in the prop within the first few miles...  Luckily we spun if off with some crafty forward and reverse.  Had a slow morning trolling, then chunking, then back to trolling.  We marked more fish than I have ever seen but nothing wanted to eat until just before lunch time.  Then all hell broke loose and we had fish on the surface for a while.  Guys were getting them on poppers but we opted to stay on the troll and managed 3 yf and a nice gafer mahi.  Lost a few more tuna too but we were happy with 4 fish in the boat on a day trip.  By 1pm we were packing it up and heading home managing to dodge most of the storms before it got real ugly.

WWB rainbow spalsh bar was the ticket for us.  Fish were loaded with sand eels and some sardines when we cut them up.  Small/med sized fish with one "big" one mixed in which was a solid 70+ lb fish.

I'll be back at it tomorrow leaving at 5pm through Sat afternoon and likely heading south again.

Edited by ShoreThingNJ