FishinKid007

Get out of the Stock Market!

Rate this topic

125 posts in this topic

Get out of the stock market now!  

Take your profits and run!  :shock:

It has gone up so far on expectations, and mainly due to a potential corporate tax cut and bringing back billion$ of corporate money from overseas back to US.

But it's becoming more obvious that the Republlcan congress is not capable of governing.  They were good at being the "NO" congress for 8 years, but now, they can no longer scream "NO".  They have to pass legislation to help the middle class.  But instead, they are still trying the failed experiment of trickle down voodonomics!  The rich are not trickling down enough dimes for the middle class (the consumers - in a consumer base deconomy).  

The greenback has fallen hard on Trump's watch and currency tradres are betting on even more declines. The currency reflects what is goong on in our country and the expectation for US growth, economic prosperity, inflation & interest rates.

If you recall, the dollar soared in November before ending the year at the highest level in more than 10 years.  That was due to expectations.  Same goes for th estock market.

For instance, when news came out of Trump campaign’s ties to Russia expanded to his financial dealings,  the $ sank to an 12month low.  Hedge funds are now pilling up short positions against the $.  This is pointing to lack of confidence in the US economy and this administration.

The stock market decline will follow soon.  So far the market has ignored the chaos in Washington, and concentrated upon corporate earnings which have been above average for the last 8 years.  But as we enter the last qtr, then this administration's failures wil start affecting stock prices as well.

Call your brokers and start buying gold futures, short the S&P, liquidate your 401 K or SEP accounts soon.  The only safe investemnts will be anti $ investments like gold, oil, commodities.

Thank me Later!

8 hours ago, FishinKid007 said:

Get out of the stock market now!  

Take your profits and run!  :shock:

It has gone up so far on expectations, and mainly due to a potential corporate tax cut and bringing back billion$ of corporate money from overseas back to US.

But it's becoming more obvious that the Republlcan congress is not capable of governing.  They were good at being the "NO" congress for 8 years, but now, they can no longer scream "NO".  They have to pass legislation to help the middle class.  But instead, they are still trying the failed experiment of trickle down voodonomics!  The rich are not trickling down enough dimes for the middle class (the consumers - in a consumer base deconomy).  

The greenback has fallen hard on Trump's watch and currency tradres are betting on even more declines. The currency reflects what is goong on in our country and the expectation for US growth, economic prosperity, inflation & interest rates.

If you recall, the dollar soared in November before ending the year at the highest level in more than 10 years.  That was due to expectations.  Same goes for th estock market.

For instance, when news came out of Trump campaign’s ties to Russia expanded to his financial dealings,  the $ sank to an 12month low.  Hedge funds are now pilling up short positions against the $.  This is pointing to lack of confidence in the US economy and this administration.

The stock market decline will follow soon.  So far the market has ignored the chaos in Washington, and concentrated upon corporate earnings which have been above average for the last 8 years.  But as we enter the last qtr, then this administration's failures wil start affecting stock prices as well.

Call your brokers and start buying gold futures, short the S&P, liquidate your 401 K or SEP accounts soon.  The only safe investemnts will be anti $ investments like gold, oil, commodities.

Thank me Later!

I actually think that we are long over due for a correction as well.  LIke you, I have no real evidence to support this claim.  Actually, I do, but I've been wrong for a while on it so there's no sense in spouting about it.  At least in my opinion.

;-)

A correction surely is in the future.... but when? :shrug:

Remember: Bulls make money, bears make money and pigs make 5hit. 

Don't be a pig!

This market has been overheated and due for a correction.  The bull market was strictly due to the Fed printing money (QE1, 2, 3, etc.) and record low interest rates. It had nothing to do with Obama's policies. QE ended a while ago, and interest rates are starting to tick up.  The Trump Bump had a lot to do with the expectations that business friendly policies actually would be enacted that encouraged job growth, including ACA reform and Tax Reform.  The dysfunctional Congress shows that to be unlikely.

So, I don't doubt there will be a large correction due to Fed actions and Republican's lack of action.  I've been 90% cash for a while now in anticipation.

Last comment - I posted a conspiratorial thread a while back that maybe that was Trump and his wealthy friends' (you know, the Oligarchs) intent all along.  Tank the market and make these over inflated assets cheaper to buy.  Remember - "Fortunes are made in a bear market, not a bull market" is the old adage.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, 55555s said:

I actually think that we are long over due for a correction as well.  LIke you, I have no real evidence to support this claim.  Actually, I do, but I've been wrong for a while on it so there's no sense in spouting about it.  At least in my opinion.

;-)

way overdue--its a house of cards.if there were decent CD/savings rates,the market would be nowhere near this level.an [only game in town] BUBBLE.:beatin:-Correction

Edited by jimmythe bee

21 minutes ago, Maine Guide said:

I've been 90% cash for a while now in anticipation.

I've been largely cash as well for a while now.  So far I've missed a decent runnup in that time period.  Even with a 20% correction, I am not sure if it will make up for the lost gains while I have been cash.   Oh well.  Boohoo.    

1 minute ago, 55555s said:

I've been largely cash as well for a while now.  So far I've missed a decent runnup in that time period.  Even with a 20% correction, I am not sure if it will make up for the lost gains while I have been cash.   Oh well.  Boohoo.    

Wife and I did well during the runup. I will call our guy soon and get his feelings. He's been good to us. We trust him.

8 minutes ago, Mokes said:

Wife and I did well during the runup. I will call our guy soon and get his feelings. He's been good to us. We trust him.

I'm sure all of Bernie Madoff's clients said the same of him (LOL).

How have you been Mokes?  I miss chatting with you at the Canal.

I bought silver for $6 and change a long while back. It is my only investment besides real estate. It is going to stay that way too. 

1 hour ago, J said:

A correction surely is in the future.... but when? :shrug:

Remember: Bulls make money, bears make money and pigs make 5hit. 

Don't be a pig!

Always true. A full year ago, and more, there was sentiment here, maybe even the prevailing opinion, that the market was giddy, overdue for correction. The OP's correct that the run-up of the last 9 months is largely based on expectations, which people are less sure of now. We're at record levels, yet volatility is low...which isn't really a good sign, people are complacent. I personally wouldn't be throwing money at the broad US market now. In fact, money is moving towards European and emerging market equities, as better values with more upside.

40 minutes ago, Maine Guide said:

I'm sure all of Bernie Madoff's clients said the same of him (LOL).

How have you been Mokes?  I miss chatting with you at the Canal.

mokes caught a fish a couple weeks ago. I think he scratched his leg too.

There was a get out of the market thread the day after the election, too.  There isn't a guy out there that can successfully time the market over their lifetime.  You want some cash, some bonds, some stocks, some real estate (mostly just the real estate that you live in or that you can consistently rent out).  

You better know what you are doing if you play in commodities with a significant amount money.  Gold is too volatile short term for my liking and can be stagnant long term.  If you bought an ounce of gold in 2009 and sold it in 2015, you made $20... in between those years the price went up about 40% and came back to earth... folks that bought in 2010-2012 are still crying in their beer.

And shorting the market... forget it unless you have an office at Goldman... and even then you probably should forget it.

Edited by Slacker