37 posts in this topic

Was not sure if this should have been posted in the NJ Fishing form or Kayak. However, it looks like I am sitting on a kayak below so.....In a season where the fluke fishing has been extremely tough (especially in Raritan Bay), I thought I would post this video where I was lucky enough to get a couple of keepers. The larger fish were in deeper water. Loving the Tsunami Slim Wave rod. That thing has got some balls. I was snagged on something a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how the rod responded to that.

Anyway, has anyone been doing better in the bay lately?

https://youtu.be/44Wa1OFVXEM

597e7606a563f_RaritanBaykeeperfluke3.JPG.088b3aefe77a2482360070f5b86af320.JPG

3 minutes ago, Pma531 said:

Hahahaha I literally just watched the video and subbed 10 minutes ago. 

really?  Thanks !  Was that you who asked me where to launch?

Nope. Someone else. I've launched in Raritan a couple times. Usually from the same spot. I've never actually gone fluking in the Raritan though. I was going to try but heard it hasn't been that good this year. Plus I don't really know any good holes, channels, etc. so I would be peddaling around in the Outback watching the fish finder and guessing. Lol

8 hours ago, Pma531 said:

Nope. Someone else. I've launched in Raritan a couple times. Usually from the same spot. I've never actually gone fluking in the Raritan though. I was going to try but heard it hasn't been that good this year. Plus I don't really know any good holes, channels, etc. so I would be peddaling around in the Outback watching the fish finder and guessing. Lol

You are right in that it has not been so good this year. Meanwhile if you tag along with one of us the first time we will help point you in the right direction

7 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

nice video sharkman..............:laugh:

Oh I hate those sharks especially when they spin around at the surface. In fact I have a video I still did not edit yet called sharks and shorts. Can u guess what that day was like ?

15 hours ago, EricJ said:

Was not sure if this should have been posted in the NJ Fishing form or Kayak. However, it looks like I am sitting on a kayak below so.....In a season where the fluke fishing has been extremely tough (especially in Raritan Bay), I thought I would post this video where I was lucky enough to get a couple of keepers. The larger fish were in deeper water. Loving the Tsunami Slim Wave rod. That thing has got some balls. I was snagged on something a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how the rod responded to that.

Anyway, has anyone been doing better in the bay lately?

https://youtu.be/44Wa1OFVXEM

597e7606a563f_RaritanBaykeeperfluke3.JPG.088b3aefe77a2482360070f5b86af320.JPG

Cool video Eric. Thanks for posting. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 hours ago, Pma531 said:

Shoals and ledges with current = fluke in my experience. Plenty of shorts out there so it's still a fun day fishing even if you're not loading up on meat. Lots of blues around chasing the peanuts as well.

Edited by Snapking

2 hours ago, Snapking said:

Shoals and ledges with current = fluke in my experience. Plenty of shorts out there so it's still a fun day fishing even if you're not loading up on meat. Lots of blues around chasing the peanuts as well.

I agree... in the end I love the fishing action. Dont care if I have a keeper if I am catching 20 or more fish. Love catching blues too even though many here view them as garbage fish

Hell yeah, big blues are my favorite fish to catch in these waters. I think they lose their luster for most people because they're not hard to catch and get in the way if you're targeting stripers or other species. Hard to find a better fighting fish around here though.

1 hour ago, Bravo06 said:

Big blues are my favorite to catch locally, but I don't like to eat them.

The only time I keep a bluefish is for bait