Are We (US) Becoming Irrelevant in the World?

Rate this topic

FishinKid007

As JPM CEO Dimon said " almost an embarrassment being an American citizen traveling around the world and listening to this stupid s--- we have to deal with."

What should we do as US citizens, having the power to vote? 

When is Impeachment proceeding are supposed to commence? 

Should we have No Confidence Votes like the rest of the world when the current leader popularity is very low?

Any of the experts here know?

Edited by TimS
Link removed - please don't post links, if there's something in the article you want to share, copy/paste the relevant part in your post please

Slot Limit for Striped Bass; 1 fish 26"-34"

Save the Porgy; Bring Back 10 fish daily limit

The minute any crap hits the fan any where, any time, just wait and see how long it takes the rest of the world to cry for us to help them.

Tell me, when Crimea fell to Russia, whom did they call to for help?  Germany?  England? France?

Yeah, we both know it was the USA, and that ain't changing any time soon.

Impeachment should begin as soon as the gut hooked masses can prove he's done something worthy of impeachment. No, that doesn't include not colluding with the Russians...sorry :o

What should you do with your power to vote? Sorry, you had your chance...Hillary lost :(  Still :(

I'm embarrassed by anyone that's embarrassed to be American and would do everything I possibly can to help facilitate their permanently denouncing their American citizenship and immediate relocation to a country to which they can be proud of, provided they agree to never come back. 

And, no...you can't have a no confidence vote because you don't like the president....again, please feel free to pack up and head to the nation of your choice where their political procedure better suit your tastes...maybe you can do us all a favor? If you do decide to leave, please take a few of the sniveling celebrities who promised to leave if Trump won with you - thanks :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

17 minutes ago, JoeyZac said:

The minute any crap hits the fan any where, any time, just wait and see how long it takes the rest of the world to cry for us to help them.

Tell me, when Crimea fell to Russia, whom did they call to for help?  Germany?  England? France?

Yeah, we both know it was the USA, and that ain't changing any time soon.

Europe owes the US big time after the 2nd WW, how quickly every single one of those countries forget, right? The US could have sat back and simply sold arms to all sides of the melee and gotten filthy rich, let Germany own all of Europe, then the US could have watched as Russia invaded and took over the entire contient. I doubt Britain would have been able to repel an attack from the Red Army.

Edited by Pylodictis

1 hour ago, FishinKid007 said:

As JPM CEO Dimon said " almost an embarrassment being an American citizen traveling around the world and listening to this stupid s--- we have to deal with."

What should we do as US citizens, having the power to vote? 

When is Impeachment proceeding are supposed to commence? 

Should we have No Confidence Votes like the rest of the world when the current leader popularity is very low?

Any of the experts here know?

After reading the replies, are you embarrassed for posting that ^ ?

Irrelevant? Definitely not. We have the largest economy and by far, the largest military. We can't be irrelevant. Are we being left behind is a better question.

Votes of no confidence are chit for the birds, IMO. Countries that have them always seem to be in political turmoil. We have laws to deal with politicians who commit crimes and impeachment for Presidents, otherwise we live with the people we elect. Elections have consequences.

13 minutes ago, Gamakatsu said:

Irrelevant? Definitely not. We have the largest economy and by far, the largest military. We can't be irrelevant. Are we being left behind is a better question.

Votes of no confidence are chit for the birds, IMO. Countries that have them always seem to be in political turmoil. We have laws to deal with politicians who commit crimes and impeachment for Presidents, otherwise we live with the people we elect. Elections have consequences.

Agree with all of that above (how about that!) but for what point........ What do you mean by "left behind?"

18 minutes ago, JoeyZac said:

Agree with all of that above (how about that!) but for what point........ What do you mean by "left behind?"

Quality of life, education, infrastructure, social mobility, public debt ratios, access to quality medicine....Many of the things that used to separate from the others.

1 minute ago, Gamakatsu said:

Quality of life, education, infrastructure, social mobility, public debt ratios, access to quality medicine....Many of the things that used to separate from the others.

And this is because of Trump?

6 minutes ago, Gamakatsu said:

No. This is because of mortgaging our future since the 1980's and because of 25 years of a politically inept Congress.

Generally agreed.  Going back over the last 25 years or so, what could have been done to prevent this?

I'm done tolerating "embarrassed American" liberals. I consider them future traitors. 

People like the OP will not stand up for their country, therefore I cannot trust them. 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

A no confidence vote is available every 4 years for President, and at different times for federal, state and local office holders. I know that is obvious. 

Do I bitch about Trump? Do I think he is a disaster? Sure. But he won. So I'll continue to bitch, but he's got 3.5 more years for better or worse.