Dirty Walter

Albie and Bonito timing

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, albacized said:

Got two (pic of first one below depicts the similar smallish size of each of them)...looks like they were gorging on a variety of bait (see second pic)...also snagged tiny peanuts on dozens of casts

edit***oops, pics are opposite of what I describe above

bonitobait.jpg

bonito2017.jpg

Lucky guy finding them. It's a numbers game and the odds are very very high not finding them. We've had multiple boats canvas the Newport area and haven't found any bonito.  

Edited by Capt.Castafly

21 minutes ago, JoeGBreezy said:

My grandson caught one ( Bonita ) south of Westerly area last week. That's a report I can trust. 

Bonita? Are you from Florida and referring to a false albacore or do you mean bonito?

Bonito Bonita Banana whatever. Not an Albie, but either of two types of Atlantic Bonito. Not sure which, he's 9 YO and his daddy who is a very experienced fisherman said it was a Bonito. I'd post a pic but my cell is not internet enabled, old fashioned.

1 hour ago, JoeGBreezy said:

Bonito Bonita Banana whatever. Not an Albie, but either of two types of Atlantic Bonito. Not sure which, he's 9 YO and his daddy who is a very experienced fisherman said it was a Bonito. I'd post a pic but my cell is not internet enabled, old fashioned.

Was hoping for the first Albert report .........

Aren't we all. It's been a slow spring, dead summer and the only bright spot is that it has felt like Sept last 2 days. Thinking any day. They seem to show all over at roughly the same time +/- a few days. Can't usually reach them but I can hope,. Feels like a rerun of other years.

Nada today. Fished the point Jude area this morning (9a - noon)

nothing going on ☹️

albies were in pretty heavy by this time last year. Looks like a typical mid sept arrival at this rate. 

Edited by Dirty Walter