Dirty Walter

Albie and Bonito timing

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

So report was albies in the morning but I didn't seen any in the afternoon when I got there. They are definitely around though which is awesome! Around 9am or so probably would have been killer I would assume. 

Wicked windy out there or I may have caught more. Was just blind casting a tin. A lot of blues all day consistently and this rocket fish picked it up and ripped drag pretty good! I mostly just sat around watching and trying to wait out the wind opposed to fishing hard. It was cool though! 

So pissed I don't have time to get back down until next weekend. 

18 hours ago, albacized said:

PS - there are reports that some frigates are around...be careful the reports are not confusing albies and frigates (some folks think they're catching small albies when they catch frigates)

I saw a mackerel blitz near shore in SOCO two days ago, quite an impressive sight. I can see how they can be confused for bonito. Tons of small bait where I was.

1 hour ago, westhavendave said:

I saw a mackerel blitz near shore in SOCO two days ago, quite an impressive sight. I can see how they can be confused for bonito. Tons of small bait where I was.

Same today. Mackerel, blues, schoolies all mixed up. 

Looking at hitting my spot in soco again this Thursday morning in the yak. Conditions look good at this point. Hoping to launch by 7am 

if if any one wants to join, let me know. 

15 hours ago, Dirty Walter said:

Looking at hitting my spot in soco again this Thursday morning in the yak. Conditions look good at this point. Hoping to launch by 7am 

if if any one wants to join, let me know. 

I am headed that way tomorrow in my kayak but will be done by 7 am...work gets in the way as usual.  Never fails that the fish start biting right as I have to leave.  :banghd:

1 hour ago, splions said:

I am headed that way tomorrow in my kayak but will be done by 7 am...work gets in the way as usual.  Never fails that the fish start biting right as I have to leave.  :banghd:

Call out sick

Stop by Breachway Bait and let me know how it went.  I fished the 3:30 a.m. shift this morning with poor results.  However, not everybody's stories are the same as mine.

1 minute ago, Dirty Walter said:

I heard that they slowed down a little over the past few days due to water temps cooling down a bit. Still taking the yak out tomorrow morning... 

In the MA forum, there's a thread titled 'bones', and someone just posted a pic of a fish they caught today (apparently was one of a few they caught)