Fishy4335

Limits of 1321M

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Not well ...gonna be a lob big time... the rating they give it is crazy talk.. I only plug with mine but I'd say 3.5 oz is the sweet spot.. can comfortably toss 4.5 .. after that it's kinda pushing it 

3 minutes ago, Wire For Fire said:

Not well ...gonna be a lob big time... the rating they give it is crazy talk.. I only plug with mine but I'd say 3.5 oz is the sweet spot.. can comfortably toss 4.5 .. after that it's kinda pushing it 

Ok thanks

If you want a heavy chunking rod in the G1000 Surf/Bar series

Look at the: GSB 136 1MH

Lou T

15 minutes ago, BrianBM said:

Lamiglas rod ratings are hilariously bad. 

all rods are

nothing is for sure until you hold it in your hands

4 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

This. Bogs anywhere after 4+. Newer blanks specifically.

22 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Can this rod throw 5/6 oz + a chunk?

I would recommend the penn battalion 11' for a very decent rod for 130-140$ ... its no lami or black hole but if you like me and don't chunk much it's a good buy.. really loving my conventional 11' .. will send a chunk and 4-5oz .. and it got loads of power.. straightened a 8/0 gami on big shark in the wash when I got alil over zealous and tried to end the fight alil early ... worth a look .. j and h should still have some 

Can it throw it? Yes. Is that what its made to do? No.

The rod is only rated up to 6 ounces, if you're trying to throw more than that, no matter what the rod is, you need to realize that a slower, lob type cast is required as you are asking more of the rod than what its made for.

On a side note, I was getting pretty nice distance out of my 1321M last week throwing 6 ounces + a whole herring for Sturgeon on the west coast. Using a slower, smoother cast of course.

Why do manufacturers publish ratings that are so off?  It's not like reel weight where they'll lie of course because everyone wants a lighter reel.  Here, you could want a lighter rating or a heavier one....there's nothing wrong or better with either.  Also not any profit incentive..just frustrating customers.

6 hours ago, blackdogfish said:

Why do manufacturers publish ratings that are so off?  It's not like reel weight where they'll lie of course because everyone wants a lighter reel.  Here, you could want a lighter rating or a heavier one....there's nothing wrong or better with either.  Also not any profit incentive..just frustrating customers.

That is a good question that I don't know the answer to. However, Lamiglas does acknowledge that our lure ratings need to be fined tuned so we will be reaching out to our guides, team members and rod builders for feedback very soon so we can get the correct lure ratings dialed in. 

"throw" is a very relative term.......

1 person may cast weakly and can throw 6oz on a particular rod with no problem

another person may throw harder and pole will collapse with 5oz

a real hard caster will collapse same rod with 4oz

when companies are rating rods they have to take all casters in mind

some rods are famous for their extreme under/over ratings