Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wifehatesmefishing

Pit boss kamado grill

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just picked up a 24" pit boss ceramic grill at Costco for $400. Always wanted a ceramic egg,but too pricey. Came with a cover, stand and heat deflector so it's about a third the price of a big green egg. Did a conditioning burn first night, then cooked pizza last night. Seems well made but I will need time to get used to it. I've had the Akorn for past two years and use the bell out of it. Just wanted something bigger. Anyone have one of these? Any trick to using it?

Edited by wifehatesmefishing

WHMF -  post some pics and continued reports please.  I need to get something but just can't seem to pry the shekels out of my wallet for the BGE.   I'm the only meat-eater in the family and most likely I'll be the only one using it so need something a bit smaller.  

15 hours ago, JimP said:

WHMF -  post some pics and continued reports please.  I need to get something but just can't seem to pry the shekels out of my wallet for the BGE.   I'm the only meat-eater in the family and most likely I'll be the only one using it so need something a bit smaller.  

FYI

Walmart has the Akorn for 249 if you want something smaller.

I recently got the sams club grill with the built in kamato.  They replaced my old unit.so it was a cost wash.    Love the kamado so far.  I can get it to stay arpund 200 degrees with the vents in the right position.  Have not really smoked in it yet just slow cooking so far.  Not easy to get The ashes out though.  Very cool so far.  Dont use regular charcoal. Use the natural wood coal.  A bit more expensive but burns hotter and longer.  A little goes a long way

20170716_201632.jpg

Edited by Baccigalup