olvart

Digital scale advise

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

After watching the mad scientist (scoobydoo) tear into a Yo-Zuri Mag Darter on utube

it occurred to me that I need a digital scale when I am swapping hooks. Something I do frequently.

Don't want to spend a bunch but want the scale to read in .01 of a gram.

Any tips????

Edited by olvart

I would advise one to look on Amazon at food scales. My daughters Meslo was $10 or $15 and its very accurate. Hope this advice helps.

4 hours ago, cheech said:

I would advise one to look on Amazon at food scales. My daughters Meslo was $10 or $15 and its very accurate. Hope this advice helps.

Thanks

I purchased my Amston electronic scales that I use for reloading ammo on ebay. They're more than you need for fish hooks but electronic scales are like most everything else, you get what you pay for.

DSCN2855.jpg

Horrible Freight, like $10 and I think it has 3 decimal points. Set for different modes, grams, ounces, etc. I weight 4 oz plugs and use it to weigh/measure epoxy. Accurate enough.

Be-little your wife into joining Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers and once they send her the diet kit with meal weighing scale in Ounces, steal it to the garage, while your wife continues to fret over her weight and attend weekly meetings & the gym, you will be at home weighing lures & changing hooks!

5 minutes ago, Linesideslayer said:

Be-little your wife into joining Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers and once they send her the diet kit with meal weighing scale in Ounces, steal it to the garage, while your wife continues to fret over her weight and attend weekly meetings & the gym, you will be at home weighing lures & changing hooks!

All good tips. The big A has  way to many for sale,yikes.

The reason I got on this Jag is I recently bought a Jackall Bonnie top water for Reds & Trout. 

Great lure but the hooks are like 1x. They won't do. Looks like I will have to replace them with single inline to keep the action. That was why I decided it was time to get scientific..

.01 of a gram should be good enough.

Don't think I need milligram accuracy.

What was the code I pre-programmed for Super Strike Darter on here? That is right, just one down from Whole Wheat Cooked Pasta. Wonder how many value points my Gibbs little neck poppers are? Do I have enough points to splurge on a Custom Plug yet?

Image result for Weight Watchers meal scale