Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have a 16 '0 penn and ssv1050.The 16/0 for yaking out.The 1050 for casting.I need line setup recomendations.Will be fishing the Destin Florida area.Also need rod recommendation for the 1050.

Edited by EricJ

670 yards of 65 pound test braid on the 10500..... Great spinning for big game....Has high drag setting capabilities making the reel capable of controlling big fish...  

I was able to get 600 yards of 80lb braid on my 10500.  Destin is good, I have fished it many times. Wade out to the 2nd bar and cast , you will catch sharks.

I have my 10,500 paired with an ocean master xh. I rarely use it. It is just to heavy for the Sharks I regularly catch from shore. But I bet it could handle a nine footer . 

Any heavy or xh 12 foot quality spinning rod will do. St croix, breakaway , Daiwa , Shimano , even ugly stick. 

I can't imagine deploying that 16/0 . That's a monster for sure. 

Sometimes I yak out a bait 150 yards on the 10500. It's the only time I use it. 

Good luck , be safe. Love that area. Post pics of your catches.

5 hours ago, paul708 said:

Century has 3 or 4 good models for the spin,

also have used black hole 10'

surf machine

NE or KNE in century

IMG_5463.JPG

What state that sand tiger from ?? Is a good en and you some serious cable setup there... care to share about it ? and you yaking or casting