Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iphish

Big (YUGE!) news for snowflakes

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

and so it begins....Finally walking away from frivolous Russian collusion and voter manipulation accusations...

Finally walking away from stupid concerns for the amount of times Trump played golf

here it is......

Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.), a moderate who has represented Western Maryland for three terms on Capitol Hill, on Friday became the first Democrat to formally enter the 2020 presidential race — just six months after the election of President Trump.

“Obviously, I believe he is a terrible president and taking the country backwards and really undermining some of our most important values,” Delaney said a phone interview Friday afternoon, shortly after he announced his candidacy in an op-ed published by The Washington Post.

“I think Trump, to some extent, is a punctuation of everything that has broken down with our politics,” he said.

Delaney, 54, a self-made financier, cast himself in the op-ed as “a progressive businessman” who respects “the power of our free-market economy while also insisting that there is a role for government to set goals and rules of the road and take care of those who are left behind.”

"We have a really dumb international tax system," Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.), told The Washington Post's Chris Cillizza Thursday. Delaney's plan to bail out the federal transportation fund by repatriating corporate cash is gaining traction in Congress. (Meena Ganesan/Washington Post Live)
The son of a New Jersey electrical worker, Delaney is one of the wealthiest members of Congress, with an estimated net worth of more than $90 million. He has demonstrated a willingness to use his fortune as a candidate, having spent $3.3 million in his first two House campaigns.

The announcement of his candidacy, more than 1,000 days before Election Day 2020, will subject him to a whole new level of scrutiny.

“I know what I’m getting into. Obviously, this is a very significant undertaking but I really do believe I have something to say,” he said, adding: “So just like [the] guy in Tiananmen Square when he stood in front of the tank didn’t really quite know how he was going to beat the tank. . . . I understand running for president is a huge challenge but, you know, I’m ready for it.”

His decision was treated positively by senior Democrats.

“John Delaney is an excellent member of Congress, and he’s brought new ideas to the Maryland delegation,” Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) said in a statement. “I know he’ll bring an important perspective to the national debate as we head into 2020.”

Other political professionals said that while Delaney has given himself an enormous time advantage by being first out of the gate, that edge will not last long.

“While he is first in the presidential pool, soon that pool be crowded with senators, governors, CEOs and even a celebrity or two,” said C.R. Wooters, former chief of staff to Sen. Chris Van Hollen. “He’s going to have to work hard to raise his national profile.”

The announcement, rumored in Maryland political circles for weeks, follows more than a year of speculation about Delaney’s future.

30 minutes ago, numbnuts said:

Wait for the investigation to be complete, brains.

Its an announcement for the democratic party

If you want to continue with the name calling.......Well I'm not a big fan of it in either direction.

Its your prerogative I guess if you want to be taken seriously in ANY discussion or point. or simply being "that guy " who resorts to childish name calling, its pretty lame.

The ball is in your court.....

he won't beat the Johnson/Hanks ticket. their money raising ability is off the charts. 

they filed on July 10 for a reason - overwhelming offers of financial support.

1 hour ago, Aquacide said:

he won't beat the Johnson/Hanks ticket. their money raising ability is off the charts. 

they filed on July 10 for a reason - overwhelming offers of financial support.

we'll see, this guy ( Delaney) is loaded, one of the richest

The 2020 elections are so far away, most people won't remember anything he says now. He would be much better off watching the 3 plus years of baseball or 3 years of football till then and save some money.

is johnson and hanks for real?

I fully expect(ed) a celebrity ticket for the D party, however I had heard this pair was just a  skit.

Is it for real?   IMO they will win.  Period.  

12 hours ago, 55555s said:

is johnson and hanks for real?

I fully expect(ed) a celebrity ticket for the D party, however I had heard this pair was just a  skit.

Is it for real?   IMO they will win.  Period.  

it did start as a joke, but then when the offers of money and support came in they took it seriously. they did file with the FEC already.

Delaney is trying to build a base and brand recognition. I suspect he will be all over endorsing dems come January and February.

I still have my doubts over the DNC culture though, and of course Pelosi needs to make way for someone much younger and much more aggressive, albeit more centrist.