Jersey Killer Color

Rate this topic

patrickjohn2014

White 

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion 

I'm not asking what the best color is, nine times out of ten I use white. Just I don't think I've ever seen a fish with this pattern hangin out of its mouth. Supposedly there is also a rumor that bluefish won't hit this color. I want to see some pics of fish that fell for jersey killer 

4 hours ago, VanStaalSteve said:

I think chartreuse or flo yellow solid or combined with white is a very productive color combo for bass and blues. It's my #1 choice for metal lip and darters. 

IMG_0367.JPG

Nice Steve. It's one of those colors that looks fishy as hell but I don't have confidence in it. I've been in situations where fish were actively feeding wouldn't hit this color but then would hit flat white in same plug 

2 minutes ago, patrickjohn2014 said:

Nice Steve. It's one of those colors that looks fishy as hell but I don't have confidence in it. I've been in situations where fish were actively feeding wouldn't hit this color but then would hit flat white in same plug 

Go figure? Fish can be finicky and you have to have confidence in what you are throwing. White is a great all around color as is yellow. I wouldn't give up on chartreuse or flo yellow plugs though as they do work well. 

chart and flo yellow offer an additional UV color spectrum that we don't see but many fish do and the striped bass is one of them.  BI flo green fits this bill as well.  It's not natural looking to us, but it does work and at times it is the only thing that works.  I think often this works well in stained water.  But in general, I use black, white and yellow (pink if squid are prevalent) and that's all a surfman needs, but there's always the exception to the rule and the best surfmen (like Steve) are prepared.  With Danny style metal lips I think these bright/flo colors work better then just black or white, but that's something I've observed but not a lure type I have tons of confidence in, so my opinion might be tainted.  Steve has a real nice article on metal lips that you can google up.

Really do not know if it's the color pattern, or the plug, but one night I had a good stiff wind blowing in my face. In my bag was a large Loki Sea Slider in that pattern. Sorry to say I have no photos of the night, but I did do very well. Been using that pattern ever since with confidence....

Lou T

For over a week they would not touch black, take the same plug in florescent yellow white combination (JK) and they inhaled it.

That’s a 41/2oz. Beast of a darter, that fish devoured....:)

Lou T

P5230331.JPG

The Beast2.png

Edited by Lou T