capequahog

Car shipping cross country

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

has anyone done this, my son is having a VW camper van shipped to Cape from CA, was supposed to be here ? couple days ago, got a call from car carrier driver? or his boss? Thur " hello Mr. John", foreign accent, should be there last night, not, God only knows where the thing is

My nephew had a Honda Civic shipped from Phoenix Az to Baltimore.

Cost him $800 cash, paid to the driver when delivered. It took about a week, IIRC.

2 hours ago, dena said:

His guy was right off the boat Korean, barely spoke English, and almost drove off with out payment.

Gee, that would have been horrible.

Auto haulers are not something you want the lowest bidder for. The bottom feeders trucks are held together with bubble gum and duct tape . They break down regularly and most shops don't want to work on them.

Just once and but I used a broker to book the truck.  The trucker was out of Boise, ID prob a used car hauler making regular runs from LA to Boise.  He let me mail a check after the truck was dropped off about 150 miles ne of Boise.  Worked perfectly.  

Once....Sonny boy as a Marine stationed at Pendelton CA from PA. Did a little research hooked up with a guy that simply kept me posted. It was a  requirement before I paid him. Called me twice and on the day of delivery hooked up with Sonny boy at the top of the base so he didn't have to deal with Pendelton security. Worked out for us with the phone contact. 

Any of you mainers  want to drive a truck to South Carolina and then fly back, my Freind's buying a trk up there somewhere,

tells me last night, he would have bought me a plane ticket up and hotel rooms, I could have gotten a free rooner  trip out of him

39 minutes ago, redfishkiller said:

Any of you mainers  want to drive a truck to South Carolina and then fly back, my Freind's buying a trk up there somewhere,

tells me last night, he would have bought me a plane ticket up and hotel rooms, I could have gotten a free rooner  trip out of him

Why would someone in the South buy a truck from road salt central?

Usually these deals are in the other direction.  

2 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

Why would someone in the South buy a truck from road salt central?

Usually these deals are in the other direction.  

I may have mentioned that, it's a really good deal on a utility body van thing, he's from Illinois so he's probably not to brite anyway. 

You would think he knows better