FEW3

So you two want to watch Jaws?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Watched the whole thing with the 5 and 6 yr old in 30 minutes ( had to fast forward through some bad stuff ( make-out scenes etc. )

Edited by FEW3
File wrong

He knows whats best for his kids. Great movie we usually watch it before vacation then laugh when we go in the water. A true classic that cannot be duplicated. Point out the bad or old looking special effects on the shark towards the end to the kids. 

Our family watched it every year before heading to Cape for vacation. Was probably 8? the first time I saw infamous Ben Gardner underwater eye scene. Definitely jumped at that, because my family still makes fun of my reaction. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Maybe they can show a double feature and follow up with "Friday the 13th" as long as they skip the sex parts.....???

Great way to instill the thrills of heading out on the ocean or camping in the woods!

Edited by FishermanTim

On 7/28/2017 at 10:13 PM, FEW3 said:

Watched the whole thing with the 5 and 6 yr old in 30 minutes ( had to fast forward through some bad stuff ( make-out scenes etc. )

You're a strange dude. :freak:

2 hours ago, Dave588 said:

Could be official SOL movie with narragansett beer.

They had an effective advertising campaign a few years back with the "crush it like Quint" slogan. Then re-released the 1975 cans during summers afterwards. Proved popular. One thing about the 1975 can that quint crushed is that it was a pull top and not a poptop like today. Those old pulltops supposedly were more difficult to crush. Never had one. Canmakers switched to poptops well before my drinking time.

Here's the 75 cans.

Gansett.jpg