BlockRocks

Pliers id help

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

These are 20 plus years old and still smooth as silk, been in a box for many years. I don't remember the make or if I can buy replacement cutters. Anyone help out there.

20170728_165934.jpg

20170728_165154.jpg

20170728_165054.jpg

20170728_165127.jpg

20170728_165948.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don't know what brand that is. That has "80's" written all over it. Especially the machine center screw. Nice to see the pliers stood the test of time. I'm willing to bet those cutters could be brought back to life with a  magnifying glass, dremel with sharpening stone if you cannot find replacement.

Edited by The Riddler

Not to derail the thread but...we can buy a really solid pair of Stanley's, Craftsman's etc for about $10 to $15. How come even the cheapo surf pliers cost $30 ? Can't be just the cutter mechanism.

13 minutes ago, JoeGBreezy said:

Not to derail the thread but...we can buy a really solid pair of Stanley's, Craftsman's etc for about $10 to $15. How come even the cheapo surf pliers cost $30 ? Can't be just the cutter mechanism. :worms:

I think if you tried to sharpen those cutters there would be a large gap between them and rendered useless. As far as ID, I think they are older than me, so I have no idea. Good luck

Definitely Donmar's.  I have a pair as well although the design of mine looks a bit newer.  You can get replacement cutters from Donmar but be aware you need to send the pliers in to have the cutters custom fit. When I checked a few years ago, it was not particularly expensive to have done.  I would contact them and double check how to go about it.