Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeM58

Let The Downsizing Begin!

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

The wife and I close on the sale of our house this Thursday and head for a condo.  Got rid of a ton of stuff, more purging this weekend.  It's been hard on her since most of it was her stuff, but it was time.  Made a great deal on the house (it was paid for), and got a great deal on a condo that will serve our needs for the next 4-5 years until I retire.  Taxes cut by more than half, utilities too, debt free as of Thursday.  Condo fee isn't bad, and no more yard work.  The savings goes in the kitty for that golden day when I can walk off into the sunset.  I'm also job hunting for something a little less stressful.  Things are looking good.  I'm not wealthy, but we will be comfortable.  I'd buy a round if this was a real Tavern!

Congrats!  We the working class may not be rich but we can live headache free at times! Wishing you and the wife the best.

9 minutes ago, Billybob said:

I'm Happy for you Mike, and getting there myself.

It's a good feeling BB.  Many times over the years, I wasn't sure I'd ever get here.  Really focusing on my health too now, don't want to drop dead the day after I retire in a few years.

28 minutes ago, seadogface said:

Buy her something nice

Let's not get carried away here.

But congrats to Mike.

Edited by patchyfog

Pretty cool. And congrats. Shouldn't take her long to fill up the condo! Better join the board or they will rape you mercilessly lol.

That being said, I work in other peoples houses sometimes.

The amount of stuff they jam in there astounds me. I literally walked through a maze of pathways the other day to look at a closet where they think the rats are entering.:shock: