RIP Blackbeard

Rate this topic

ADIDAF

I was lucky enough to have him teach us w/The DC Longcasters back in the day. A most graceful caster, smart & a good teacher - I learned a lot from him.

RIP Neil ...

Morone Saxatilis... God put them in the Surf to take them, not in the freaking boat!

Neil was a true giver. Be it on you tube or in person. While visiting daughter #1 in the U.K. I bought a Zziplex  from Tony's tackle in Bournemouth and the only one he had was his wrapped by Neil. (so he said)

Have talked on line and viewed his old VCR tape on casting back in the day.

A true giver.  May you rest in peace Neil.

So sad to hear of Neils passing.

His generosity in sharing information has benifited so many, all around the world. That is a remarkable lagacy to leave behind, and one that I am truely thankful for... RIP

I'd love to see his vid. I have been trying to track down a copy for some time.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:37 PM, frazerp said:

Is that tape transferable to video or is there a similar out there on the net ???

Not sure if I had it or saw some else's film. I'll have to look around and see what the girls didn't toss out. Been awhile since I've seen film instead of disks.

• 1 month later...

Man, I knew he was ill but I just now saw this..... Neil and I spent many hours talking over the years he was with Penn UK. He assisted me with getting my first Zippy and the first dialed factory magged 525 tournamag. I met him in Philly years ago just before he and Penn UK had a parting of the ways and we had dinner where he gave me one of his UMIII tournament casting reels which I still have and which I never casted. Neil and I struck it off good right from the get go and I always liked and respected him as a person and a distance caster. When he moved to Cyprus we sort of drifted apart with our conversations but I knew he was not well and chose to live out his life in Cyprus. Very sad to see his passing and pray for his wife and family....... God Bless you my friend!