Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish'nmagician

Is Mitch McConnell destroying the GOP?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Let's assume that Trump's madness will eventually be put to an end.

right now Mitch McConnell is placating the madness and twisting the rules of Congress in an attempt to deliver what the mad King wants....

when the Trump debacle finally ends will the GOP be held to blame as willing conspirators to this lunacy?

They are NOT doing enough to protect our nation, and current Politicians like McConnell and Newt seem almost gleeful about the push toward an autocratic rule.

For Newt to be pushing so hard to support Trump's efforts to Obstruct Justice and politicize the judiciary is pathetic.

Fox News seems little more than a propaganda arm for Trump.

There will be a reckoning.

58519ca9120000c40beef4eb.jpeg?ops=scalef

1 minute ago, Gotcow? said:

What's the reckoning going to look like?

Aha, the wreck On Ing is a Chinese Junk that foundered on the Straits of Democrat Desperation.

Just now, Gotcow? said:

What's the reckoning going to look like?

Angry voters realizing Trump sold them magic beans,

and the Republicans in office who knew better did nothing to protect us from the damage he's creating.

They might even hear people like Cantor telling them how all the Anti Obama rhetoric was nonsense and they were just drumming up anger for support.

They might realize that Trump spent years attacking Obama over a bogus Birther issue, and for golfing and Executive orders

and realize that he's doing a lot of that himself.

the core Will just denounce Trump as a RINO,

but many might actually look inward and reevaluate.

If by looking inward and re-evaluating, do you mean voting Democratic in the next presidential election?

If Trump runs for re-election, that may be the case.

If the Republican party puts up a centrist candidate, I think they win big.

I don't think Trump's base will not be enough to carry him for a 2nd term. 

I think Trump is showing America how truly broken Washington is.  Politics over people in Washington...screw the peasants elsewhere.

That's my hope.  I would also hope the investigations in to the DNC destroy that party too.  The DNC won't go down easy though.  Their voters are pretty brainwashed.

Both of these parties need to go away forever.

I'd like to see a president win with 30% of the popular vote in my lifetime.

Again the problem is more than the sitting Pres. it is those in power and doing everything to keep their power. So is he destroying the GOP? I say yes, just as much as Pelosi and Schumer. These guys will do anything to stay in power. So maybe this Rump experiment might turn out to be a good thing after all if it wakes up the voters.

11 minutes ago, Sparky said:

If by looking inward and re-evaluating, do you mean voting Democratic in the next presidential election?

If Trump runs for re-election, that may be the case.

If the Republican party puts up a centrist candidate, I think they win big.

I don't think Trump's base will not be enough to carry him for a 2nd term. 

Can you imaging the cries of "Rhino" around here !!!!

13 minutes ago, Sparky said:

nope,

I support many "Republican" positions,

I wish they would elect some people that push them forward instead of engaging in nonsense.

1 minute ago, fish'nmagician said:

nope,

I support many "Republican" positions,

I wish they would elect some people that push them forward instead of engaging in nonsense.

Me too. I'm tired of idealogy. I want action. 

Sparky if a Republican focused on border security and did so in a "fair" way, without all the ethnic bashing, bravado, and Mexican paid wall, 

I'd be for it.

Ditto welfare reform.

if they actually tried to trim the fat from the programs, and find ways to transition people off the dole and end a generational life style,

I'd support it,

instead they do almost NOTHING on fixing it, beyond denegrating those on it.

I agree with what you said, for the most part.

I wish we had some more respect and decorum in the way things are stated. I file this with other things that we have lost in our society. 

However, I do think Trump's bravado and chest thumping about illegal immigration has already reduced border crossing.

I saw a piece on 60 minutes about it this past Sunday. 

Maybe it wasn't 60 minutes, but I saw it last Sunday. There may have been some beer involved and my memory is failing me.

Regardless, the crux of the story was that the amount of illegal crossings was down and the cost to guided by a coyote has gone up. The coyotes and the immigrants attributed it to Trump.