big country

Skinny Bill killed

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

So, this disaster of a bill was killed in the senate tonight (after midnight).. Somber in the Senate.. Mitch Mcconnell is now saying start over and is asking for the Dems help.. Schumer Steps up to the mike and rather than gloating (as he hd every right to do in todays climate) he says that BOTH sides are at fault for the MESS this senate is and vowed to work with the republicans to try and improve Obamacare..  It took an upteenth embarrassment to the GOP for Mitch M to finally try to include the Dems. maybe it wont get fixed and it crashes and burns, but they owe it to the american people to at least try to make OCare better for everyone..  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very strange day. McCain, Graham and Johnson say what a horrible bill it is and shouldn't be enacted then 2 of the 3 go on and vote for it without a guarantee from House leaders it will go to committee. 

The highlight was when Grahams cell rang while McCain was speaking and he said that we were about to see the oldest cell phone known to man, perhaps the only other one being owned by someone in Togo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even paying attention to the votes anymore, its dead, its back, its gonna pass, it failed, its dead, its back, its gone, its never gonna come back, another vote, it failed.....

blah blah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, big country said:

So, this disaster of a bill was killed in the senate tonight (after midnight).. Somber in the Senate.. Mitch Mcconnell is now saying start over and is asking for the Dems help.. Schumer Steps up to the mike and rather than gloating (as he hd every right to do in todays climate) he says that BOTH sides are at fault for the MESS this senate is and vowed to work with the republicans to try and improve Obamacare..  It took an upteenth embarrassment to the GOP for Mitch M to finally try to include the Dems. maybe it wont get fixed and it crashes and burns, but they owe it to the american people to at least try to make OCare better for everyone..  

 

Where was this willingness to work with the Republicans when ACA was rammed down our collective throats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PlumFishing said:

Very strange day. McCain, Graham and Johnson say what a horrible bill it is and shouldn't be enacted then 2 of the 3 go on and vote for it without a guarantee from House leaders it will go to committee. 

The highlight was when Grahams cell rang while McCain was speaking and he said that we were about to see the oldest cell phone known to man, perhaps the only other one being owned by someone in Togo. 

McCain was a no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Shipwreck said:

Not even paying attention to the votes anymore, its dead, its back, its gonna pass, it failed, its dead, its back, its gone, its never gonna come back, another vote, it failed.....

blah blah

So Much Winning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, big country said:

. Schumer Steps up to the mike and rather than gloating (as he hd every right to do in todays climate) he says that BOTH sides are at fault for the MESS this senate is and vowed to work with the republicans to try and improve Obamacare.. 

 

You didn't see the video of Schumer off the floor with Elizabeth Warren - Webster's Dictionary will use video of that as example of 'gloating'...LOL...the behavior they exhibited, all while still having this Obamacare hanging over their head...LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, braden said:

So Much Winning!

The fact that you meant that in a sarcastic tone shows you haven't been paying attention to what's going on...winning is what's been happening since day one...as an aside, a bill for the wall just passed (with 1.6 billion to help fund it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, albacized said:

The fact that you meant that in a sarcastic tone shows you haven't been paying attention to what's going on...winning is what's been happening since day one...as an aside, a bill for the wall just passed (with 1.6 billion to help fund it)

nah,... see I was totally sincere, Im actually sick of all the winning thats been going on, thats how much winning there has been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole mess sucks. O care is a disaster and the Republicans in the Senate don't have the balls to stand up to the MINORITY party and do the right thing for us!. This also shows that the Democrat Party only stands for one thing , and that is giving free s hit to anyone who will take it, claiming that millions will lose "health care" if this fetid pile of feces is eliminated is a flat out lie, the liberal rubes lapped it up. A catastrophic care policy used to be  a relatively inexpensive option but was deemed illegal by O care, s hit like that could have been eliminated easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, albacized said:

The fact that you meant that in a sarcastic tone shows you haven't been paying attention to what's going on...winning is what's been happening since day one...as an aside, a bill for the wall just passed (with 1.6 billion to help fund it)

and Mexico is paying for it, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.