Doc of the Bay

Sea robins

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Caught a ton of them earlier in the season, just caught 3 last time out on the bay. 3 sea robins make 12 nice fluke baits, got them in my freezer now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember them ever being so plentiful and I definitely don't remember them being this aggressive. I've got them on everything from big buck tails to top water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

I don't remember them ever being so plentiful and I definitely don't remember them being this aggressive. I've got them on everything from big buck tails to top water. 

They were aggressive. I got them to chase up to the top while jigging for fluke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, albacized said:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong - maybe I'm cursed....I want to catch these, but can only come up with game fish :-(

Jig them like flukes on sand grounds. That's how I got them and seabass.

Edited by foxfai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, foxfai said:

Jig them like flukes on sand grounds. That's how I got them and seabass.

I'm heading to the canal, but may hit the spot you're talking about on the way down (a little out of the way, but not too much)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, albacized said:

I'm heading to the canal, but may hit the spot you're talking about on the way down (a little out of the way, but not too much)

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.