stripedbass_17

Fluke in Plymouth/Duxbury Bay?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ask almost anyone fishing for fluke anywhere and you may get that same response..."been slow"

doesnt suprise me thats the case up there. It's certainly not due to lack of bait

Edited by The BuzzardsBayBruin
Spelling

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's probably water temps soaring during the dog days of summer.   The east wind has probably kept it in check a little, but as we get in August......well,  as O.J. says.....hey look out!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by flylikabird

9 hours ago, flylikabird said:

It's probably water temps soaring during the dog days of summer.   The east wind has probably kept it in check a little, but as we get in August......well,  as O.J. says.....hey look out!!!!!!!!!!

What is the ideal water temp for fluke?

I went two weeks ago after the full moon, the water was very cold and I could see my jig down to 20 ft. I did catch a lot of robins and bass fishing was fair for guys trolling with macs but I had a hard time catching with just plastics.

I wish I could tell you the answer to that one.   I was just hypothesizing on typical summertime soaring water temps that drive Striped Bass deep during the day, would probably effect the Fluke also.   Maybe somebody here could hook you up with that answer heyblue34.

I always thought that bite was strongest in august with the warmer water temps. I am no fluke guy but that's when I have seen people targeting them. Keep at it and let us know. I just picked up a 16 amesbury dory for next season in the bay.