HELPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! home heating oil everywhere

Rate this topic

Wire For Fire

25 minutes ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Hopefully, they'll never sell the house, or if they do, they'll have a potential buyer who's stupid enough to forego a home inspection. This is one of those "pay me now or pay me later" deals.

I didn't realize it was that bad. Like ruination bad.

Dayumm. Hope you have this under control. Theres a few suggestions online, and most of them are here. Remove and toss anything that it soaked into. Speedy dry and dawn, the blue stuff always worked for me, but Ive never had the problem of your magnitude" Bowls of vinegar left out will help kill the odor.Best wishes

30 minutes ago, Wire For Fire said:

Thanks for all the help guys.. this is a mess thank god I got it stopped when I did.. probably only 5-10gallons spilled if I had to guess.. I'm not looking forward to going back down there but it is what it is 

That's a manageable spill. I can't imagine that being the end of the world.

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

6 minutes ago, Wayne Tj said:

That's a manageable spill. I can't imagine that being the end of the world.

Yea the guy who came and said tank was shot filled them with fear.. telling me to get 3-4 hundred pounds of speedy dry and build a burm cause the whole tank gonna let go... the chittyest part is it got under the hot water heater and tank... gonna be a bitch getting under there clean and it got down the walls that I just replaced last month when they had a pipe leak in wall .. 

14 hours ago, dena said:

Yea chum, Just to be safe, it is best to turn the juice off until he got a handle on what he was dealing with.

Sue had a good idea as to how to deal with the used speedy dry. Cat litter woud work too.

Cat litter is absolutely the worse advise for an oil or fuel spill.  Some cat litters can react with the oil or fuel.

6 minutes ago, DerrickT said:

Cat litter is absolutely the worse advise for an oil or fuel spill.  Some cat litters can react with the oil or fuel.

Exactly. They blew up the WTC in 93 with that ****.

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

Well got everything cleaned that I could.. State Farm came and looked and said since it was a hole in filter and not tank they  will cover it the whole clean up .. thank god.. got thief ass milro coming to look at it later... what a chit show..  I'm so shot I need to go pull on some sharks and vent my frustration ..